2004 JAGUAR TYPE-S

Mdog

the doors have rubber gaskets along the sides and the bottom seals are very soft and easily tucked. the backglass on the other hand is pretty curved, reminded me alot like shrinking the new style lincoln town car backglass, because of the amount of shrinking you have to do.

Not sure if you guys have noticed, but the lower rear deck is right up against the glass. What we have been doing on the dealer cars is essentially smashing the rear deck in on the corners when installing the film, this way you don't get any fibers in the film. Trying to just slide the film in there is a bit of a PITA, especially on a non-metallized film, the corners pop right back up so it's no biggie.

Not sure if you guys have noticed, but the lower rear deck is right up against the glass. What we have been doing on the dealer cars is essentially smashing the rear deck in on the corners when installing the film, this way you don't get any fibers in the film. Trying to just slide the film in there is a bit of a PITA, especially on a non-metallized film, the corners pop right back up so it's no biggie.

I removed the whole back end to get to that tight spot on the rear deck and it was so easy to take out, took 20 mins to remove, all you need is t 40 pozy drive and it all pulls apart with ease, you may think its a long windid way around but I couldnt see any other way to get a nice clean install :trustme

had one of these in the other day but ran out of time. attempted the back glass just to see how big of a pita it was. almost got it. ended up with fingers on the sides even using the H pattern. is that what you guys use? oh and I was dry shrinking. gonna have it come back in monday and just take my time with it so I can get better at these curved back windows.

jaguar.jpg Wasn't to bad just take your time on the shrink it can be a PITA, and I did what the /// man did and pushed the deck down and just snapped it in when I was done, the biggest pain was where the pillars meet the glass, other than that a really easy car. Similar to lincoln town cars, pretty sure they are the same frame anyway.

Archived