Help !

Guest Tint Masters

Guest MidcoastMW

Hey does anyone have any pix to post?? The ones in this thread are so old their not there anymore. I hope I can tint this one!! I already pulled the rear seat and deck/brake light! :hmmm

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MidcoastMW

BOOYA!!!! :hmmm Now lets see how it lays on the inside.... :lol

BTW, I horizontal anchored (no water, just hardcard pressure) about 4-5 inches down from the top of the glass, and shrank the shiz out of the bottom. Has this worked for anyone else??

bonnyshrink003.jpg

The method that I use on these back windows reminds me of a method that someone posted here a couple of years ago on the late '90s Camaros. Basically, set up the window like you normally would, but use two horizontal anchors, one near the middle of the back glass, and one right at the very bottom edge of the film (like 1" wide). Shrink the top like any other car, then just shrink out the bubble between your two anchors on the bottom half.

I did that and had no issues with shrinking, and I didn't have any problems at all with the install. It installed just as easy as any back glass, no problems with the film popping off the bottom four inches.

Guest Cashew

Just curious, :lol6 what film were you using to shrink the bottom of that car?? I had a hard time trying to shrink the bottom like you were talking about. If I didn't shrink the bottom the corners wouldn't stick. This car sucks!!

I do ti just like DOUBLE D shows in his picture.

The bottom part looks like its going to be a real pain in the azz looking at how it lays on the outside but it squeegees out rather easy when you get in on the inside.

Just make sure you shrink the top half first and it will work out.

Archived