Time is of the Essence

Guest autoreflections

Guest autoreflections

Hey guys, Name's Katherine....

Just beginning to tint really... Hubby has 12 years experience and is a pro. So my question is how much time is acceptable? One of the competition does a normal 4 door car in an hour five minutes hubby 'll do it in 3 hours... Compettion is bubbly and dusty, hubby's is all too perfect... So since im just starting out how long should I pace myself for?

Thanks guys and dont give me smart a$$ responses...LOL

Guest Dragoon1

From what I have seen before on this board, I can hazard that people who will give qualified responses will tell you to just do the job right and work on speed once you get that down. My opinion is that it doesn't matter how fast you can get it done if it isn't done right.

Guest tintchick

we'll never rush to get it done,,,we want it done right :cool quality once again, don't worry about how fast the "other" guy does it as long as you're happy with what you give the customers :P

Guest metint

Don't forget to breathe!

:cool

No seriously, try to stay away from comparing yourself to the two extremes you gave. Do your best in a timely fashion and strive for perfect, just do not expect it.

Ten thousand window tinters and there are ten thousand different ways and marked times to get to the end result. If you can obtain the quality you speak of in your hubby and you do it quicker, great.

However when you begin comparing, you lose focus of what truly is important; the quality of the install is what matters most, time will take care of itself.

:cool

Guest Johnny5104

I wouldn't worry about time...I'm just starting out and I know it's really frustrating when it takes forever but then when I get the job done and it looks really good then it makes up for all the frustration....I think it'll just take time for you to understand your tint and how you do it well....it's like anything challenging....you find your own style which is different then anyone elses and with practice you'll learn the trade to proceed faster...just don't worry about the time.....John!

like everone else has allready said. dont worry about time right away. and your gaol for the future should not be a specific time frame. more or less just look for the fastest way to get it done right. my own personal time for a 4 door .is between an hour and two. I think 3 to 4 is to long . unless your not busy. then just pace your self . but you dont want to have to turn down work. because your taking 3 or 4 hrs on each car. and can only do 2 or 3 a day. if you can knock your time down and fit in one or two more a day. then your going to make more money. just keep checking out this board. and you will see the ways to . get a perfect job . in less time. but again dont worry about time just yet. that will come with experience. my second back window took me 2 1/2 hours alone just to do. it was an 83 prelude. hard back glass. but I didnt worry about time . my only concern was that it came out as good as I could get it. now ill do one of those in 1/2 hr start to finish

It really is'nt important how long it takes as long as it is done right,just to give you an idea I have been tinting 18 years and it takes me about 2 and1/2 hours on an average 4 door,I go back and clean all the windows inside and out,wipe down all the door panels etc,so 3 hours is perfectly acceptable :mrgreen: .

Guest autoreflections

Thanks guys.... I actually own this shop and we also do car detailing ...wax buff the works.. I watch hubby tint in spare time and learn alot... Cleaning is fear free but tint... I get warned that it can crease, rip... The other day I applied a back quarter glass took a plastic off applied it.. full of dust so hubby took it off only to realise that the plastic was the pattern he had cut out and not the tint backingLOL go ahead laugh... so between answering the phone every 10 min , making cars look like new I might be able to do a back glass in a decade or so. I know alot about the technical stuff, stats etc .. ill keep up with you guys and one of these days Ill put hubby to clean and ill tint... end of the day now ....

Archived