Disgusting yellow headlights...

Guest daroy99

Guest daroy99

Just got my tint done and it looks cool thx texastint chick and mr. paladin. Anyways, I have this yellow film on my headlights that I have tried several different compounds and it wont come off. Any suggestions? Its from the 80k miles my car has, and the previous owner putting it through drive through car washes...getting the crappy soap over and over. I'll have some pictures in the morning, of the headlights and the tint job :thumb

You guys are all going the long way around. It is much more time efficient to take off your headlights and get a vibrating power sander, such as a mouse by black and decker and then getting some 400, 600, and 1500 grit wet sand paper. after the lights are off there is no need to clean them. get them wet and begin to sand with firm pressure with the 400 grit. you will be able to tell when all of the yellow is off of the headlight because the color of the water running off of the light will begin to look white. at thhis stage change to 600 grit and use a bit firmer pressure and do this for about 5 minutes a piece, then 1500 grit for about 10 mins with firm pressure. after all of these stages the headlights should look cloudy. spray some windex on them to get all of the stray plastic off and wipe off. then take a polishing compound of your choice and buff hard, I prefer meguirs 3 stage paint cleaner restorer wax. after you have them buffed they will seriously look brand new. this is what we did my 1g sean485's 1g and my friends 95 talon, we all had the same results. I'll have sean 485 post the pics.

have fun and good luck

Chris

Archived