What to tell dealer?

Guest Fleet

Guest Fleet

I'm taking my Envoy into the dealer for a problem with my rear hatch window. The problem is not tint related, but the window is tinted. Anyways, the problem I'm having is that the hardware around the window is rusting and needs to be replaced. I would hope the hardware could be replaced without screwing up the tint at all. What should I tell the dealership about the tint? I don't want them to rip it off so they have better access and destroy the defroster lines.

Thanks

Guest thetintshop

unless you took it and had it tinted, it's probably not tinted. it's factory darkened glass and it can't be removed.

Guest High Octane Tinting

Make sure they dont over torque anything, it tends to mess up your film when that happens. Did your installer remove the hardware or tint around it?

Guest Fleet

I did not watch the install, but I'm pretty sure he did NOT remove any hardware. On the rear window, it is one piece and cut for an easy install. If it weren't adhesive, I could pull it directly off of the window. I have no problem with the tint. I just don't want the dealer to screw it up. I really don't want to buy an expensive rear glass. It's got to cost, what, $1000? I can get it retinted for $100-$150 probably.

Thanks for the answer, though. I'm taking it in at 2pm today.

Guest expertint

Thats right blade..except the dealer will probably blame the rust on the tinters...right..Tell us if that's what happened OK

Guest Fleet

Well, I went to the dealer yesterday, and they tried to blame the problem on the tint job. The only problem with that is that the part that is bad does not touch the glass. It is the bracket that holds the glass in.

The true "root cause" of the problem is that the rear hatch glass was undertorqued on the driver's side when it was installed in the factory. The hinge was scraping the bracket, causing it to chip away. The drivers side bolts were also digging into the paint. The dealer finally agreed to repaint the bracket and the panel and set the bracket/glass properly. I'll have to leave the SUV at their body shop for 2 days.

I'm a little worried about them screwing up the tint. But, I have to get this fixed.

Guest Blade
Well, I went to the dealer yesterday, and they tried to blame the problem on the tint job

Imagine that :uh Damn dealerships. Well atleast the problem is getting taken care of. :uh

Archived