how would you handle this?

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

since I'm getting alot of feedback on how negative, mean, and rude I am, I am asking for ya'lls advice on this one.

I tinted a 20 year old store front for an employment commission 4 months ago. they wanted their door tinted also. I explained everything, how it would get scratched, yada yada, ect. they call me yesterday telling me how the film on the door is "pitted" and they can see light through it, and it has all these "bubbles". I went there today to look at it. they proceed to show me 5 "bubbles" (specks of dirt) and these pits in the film. the pits are where a metal cow bell has been hung around the push bar and has banged the film about 5000 times. I tell them I can't replace it for free because the film is not warrantied against scratches. they said they will go to radio shack next time and get one of the buzzers that attach to the sill so it won't scratch. they want it redone, at my expense.

now, what would you guys do? remember, 5 specks in a 3X6 1/2 foot glass on a 20 year old building.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintchick

I would tell them to pound sand because you already gave them the warning about scratching and a cow bell is not sufficient for a warranty claim,,,:D

Guest FastBackJack

I agree with TC. You warned them this would happen. Why didnt they get the chime in the first place? I wouldn't do it unless they pay for it. Then get em again with some Graffitti Gard.

Guest powertints

Not only would I charge them for the replacement, I would charge them for the removal of the old film. You gave them more than enough of a fair warning and told them what not to do and they did it anyway. Also, the dirt falls into "industry standards" , sand bag em!

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

Don't do it at your expense TTS. As long as you let them know about it scratching from the cowbell....then it's their fault. Pull out the warranty and highlight the part that says warranty does not cover scrtaches and pits from a stupid ass cowbell. did they keep that on their so all the cows workin' in there know when it's lunch time? :D 5 specks of dust? give'em this :D because they never had a complaint about it two weeks after the film dried now did they?

I agree with all of the above...But TTS, Pmusic I think, puts some 4mil clear on an area around door handles and charges extra for it. I thought it was a great idea that I never thought of, you might want to try that next time, offer the clear protector for a few more $$$$$ :D

Guest FastBackJack

Thats what I do with all the store fronts I tint. I use Graffitti Gard so when It gets all muffed up I can just run out there spend 10 min pull'n and thrown and charge em again. Its works great!!! :D

Guest thetintshop

holy s**t, graffiti guard. (as I slap my forehead) can't believe it never crossed my mind. guess I'm getting CRS. (old people disease, OT knows what it is!)

Archived