Downstream Liability?

Guest btowntint

Guest btowntint

Hey guys,

I did a search for liability issues regarding the window tinting business and couldn't really find anything.

If I tint a customer's windows to their specifications and those specs are not in accordance with the law, can it come back and bite me in the a$$ later?

Are waiver forms a normal part of this business and do they hold up in the courtroom?

Thanks for the advice from the "New Guy"

-a

Guest btowntint
why don't you try introducing yourself first

hi, nice to meet you too! :rollin

I'm sorry, I didn't know about the rules around here. are they in a separate link that I missed?

I don't like to give out my real name so you can call me "john." I'm starting a new business and just wanted to know the CYA procedures in the industry.

master yogi, can you help me? it seems like you are one of the more helpful characters on this board.

Guest atypicaldave
Hey guys,

I did a search for liability issues regarding the window tinting business and couldn't really find anything.

If I tint a customer's windows to their specifications and those specs are not in accordance with the law, can it come back and bite me in the a$$ later?

Are waiver forms a normal part of this business and do they hold up in the courtroom?

Thanks for the advice from the "New Guy"

-a

Why would it not be in spec with the law? The window unit itself has to meet certain requirements to be used, but I have not heard of residential or commercial window film use being an obstacle to complying with any laws.

Welcome to the board! Some do remember their roots.

Guest atypicaldave

It is always advantageous to carry an umbrella policy for any business operation. Operating without insurance is the most absolute in foolish (pride).

Archived