04 SC430

Guest luckistryke

Guest Tintim

This might make you guys cringe but we did one of these when they first came out.

We took seat squab out found the wiring loom that connected to the window motor pulled the plug out and manually operated the window using a battery power pack. It worked a treat. :poke

:lol2 I can't access this page 289 but Clearly there was an easier way!

:dunno

Guest naughtydog

Can you enlighten me how it's done Dan?

I have to tint the quarters on one that some other company has told them it cant be done - I'll get it done ...and get the dealership off them hopefully. :thumb

I see what you are saying.. Im doing an 02 SC 430, and man is it a pain in the ass... i think its alittle cold too.. heat shrinking isnt working properly for me, edges are wanting to freaking curl alittle.. if it can go wrong it has gone wrong the last couple days.. I'm bout ready to give up..

Guest Timbrook Tinting

I had one come into the shop yesterday and for tinting the quarter glass it was easiest for me to actually remove the glass from the car. It was actually a lot simpler than I thought. First put the top Dow fully and then remove the rear cover off the head rest. They just snap off. Then using a t-25 torx bit remove the wind screen glass. Then there are two 10 mm nuts that hold the head rest on, remove them to take the head rest off. After that remove the bottom of the back seat by gently lifting the front edge. After that there is 2 12 mm bolts that hold the bottom of the rear seat .remove them. Now there are 2 12 mm nuts that hold the top of the seat remove them as well. Next raise the top till the black cover lifts to vertical state. There are 6 10 mm bolt that have to be removed out of the rear quarter interior piece. There's one behind the seat belt cover. Just pry out the bottom to reveal this one. Remove the door sill trim piece next and the bottom of the seat belt that is bolted to the floor with a 14 mm socket. Lift pannel out of car. Close the roof unroll the quarter Windows are all the way up. 3 10 mm nuts hold the window in. To get to all 3 u need to remove the 4" speaker because one of the holes to get to the bottom nut is directly behind it. After all 3 nuts are removed while holding the window raise the top till the window starts to lower. And remove the glass from the car. It looks really nice when finished. But it is a lot of work. If you try this method you need to have some tools at hand . Hint a 1/4" drive swivel is handy. And then just reverse the order to reinstall. Good luck it's a chore but looks real nice in the end I hope this will help someone.

Next time give this a try. It has worked for me in the past.

Closing the quarter windows

1. Turn the ignition switch on.

2. Turn the trunk lid opener main switch (in the glove box) from the operative position to the inoperative position (in the canceled position)

3. Push the "OPEN/CLOSE" switch on the "OPEN" side twice slowly, within 10 seconds after Step 2.

4. Hold down the same switch on the "CLOSE" side once within 10 seconds after Step 3. The quarter windows will close.

Good luck!

We had an 02 yesterday. Yeah the little car sucks. The back window we did with the top standing straight up, was still a little tight to get to the bottom half but not terrible, but then had peanuts on the grids. Should have sanded them.

Tried to trick the quarters with Devin's sequence, the up/down button would flash like it was in some kinda manual mode, but the windows wouldn't roll. Anyone else have any luck? Went ahead and used some tricks to get a good cut, and eased it on in there but it was way too much hassle for a little convertible that looks like it should be a quick, easy job.

Turned out nice though, at the end of the day that's all that matters!

Next time give this a try. It has worked for me in the past.

Closing the quarter windows

1. Turn the ignition switch on.

2. Turn the trunk lid opener main switch (in the glove box) from the operative position to the inoperative position (in the canceled position)

3. Push the "OPEN/CLOSE" switch on the "OPEN" side twice slowly, within 10 seconds after Step 2.

4. Hold down the same switch on the "CLOSE" side once within 10 seconds after Step 3. The quarter windows will close.

Good luck!

I just tried this and it worked.Took a few attempts and had to cycle the key in the ignition the 2 times I didnt do the sequence right. Thank you for helping me avoid a potential .PI.T.A. job :beer