just starting

Guest Reiffa

Guest Reiffa

Im tryin to start tinting and getting into the business. my older brother had a business before so I have been around it for awhile and I have done it. I need to know some good places that I can buy the tint...whats the best kind of tint? and some pointers just to get me started on the right foot.

Go with one of the Major manufactures for film. Your brother should know what works for him.

My advise is not to start out with huge overhead. Like buying a computer cutter a bunch of 40" rolls and every tool that filmhandler has to offer.

I borrowed a small amount of money bought three shades of film from Madico the old AG series in 20" rolls. Seamed all my windows for awhile. After about 12 months I started buying 36" rolls so I could one piece.

I rolled almost everything I made back into my buisness for about 24 months until I started paying myself. I could do this because I was active duty air force at night time. I worked from 9-2 at my shop and 3:30 to 12:00 at the base for four years. Left active duty the fourth year because I was making enough part time to support my family and I was tired of the Military life style.

Window tinting has been good to me and my family.

I agree with all the above. Great advice. Until your business can support you, make sure you have something else that can support you. And...Its not nearly as easy as it seems to have a business. Just the knowledge of knowing how to tint won't keep you in business for too long.

Like PRO I had the AF to support me while I made my plunge into the tinting biz, unlike PRO I have too much time in the AF to get out now. But Im looking forward to retirement and going full time tinting.Put everyting you make for the firts few years back into the biz.

Guest High Octane Tinting

It's not a bad idea to have a second job while your starting out, you'll need the extra cash to get you through the start up. :rollin

Guest shrink

I've only been tinting for a little over a year now, part-time. I'm still part time and probably will be for at LEAST another year. But I believe if I work my :rollin off now, it will pay off later. :rollin

Guest Reiffa

yeah this site has already helped me out alot but im really young soo im just doin this for extra money right now and hopefully when I am a little older ill already have a solid base. im already pretty familar with the business because I helped out my brother when he had his. Im just starting with tint then I want to get into audio installation and things like that. soo if u tips bout any of this stuff leave it here and id appreciate it.

Archived