Thinking about doing the tint thing

Guest BAD60FT

Guest BAD60FT

I have done a few cars and they didnt turn out to bad but not well enough

to do professionally, I was thinking about going into a tinting school for a Week or so to try to figure out what im doing. Also what do you think about those tint cutting machines, is it worth the price? Any word of advice for a newbie getting started

Guest BAD60FT

I know I will not be as good or fast as you guys for several years, if ever

but how many cars roughly do you do in a day, considering doing the moble thing if I can get good enough

some of us do a couple a day, others can do 10 or more :coffee

I second OT's reply about starting in a tint shop. See if you can be a "shop boy" at your local tint shop, and work for free. It won't take long for you to see whether or not tinting for a living is for you.

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

Welcome to the boards MAD.

If you are determined enough and with a little luck, you may be able to tint close enough to the vetreans even within several years. I don't do cars anymore, but let me tell you.....it's a summa b***h dem things are.

I'm 50/50 on my opinions about the school and machine. The school because sometimes, you are not trained at a real life situation. The good thing is they'll ram (if the school uses that teaching method) hands on training repeatedly. As for the tint cutting machine, I'm assuming you mean the computer pattern cutter. The bad thing is, if you don't learn from scratch, what if the machine breaks down and you have to cut a pattern out for a car? :coffee The good thing is if everything works properly, you'd save a lot of time. Plotters like this didn't even exist when I was doing cars...so you youngin' are perty lucky now a days.

My last bit of advice......utilize this board to its maximum potential. Grow a thick skin because a lot of regular board members enjoy seeing newbies suffer. It's to test their mentality I guess. But don't let that hinder your effort to learn and grow from this site.

Good luck.

OT is right, see if you can get a job...part-time or full-time if you want and have at it. Might have to be the shop b***h just to get in there to learn.

Guest thetintshop

cars can sometimes be time consuming, I usually only take 2-3 a day. but trucks are a different story. I've done 32 chevy single cabs in one long day. I think the cutting machines aren't worth the money. I can see where a REALLY busy shop might benifit from it. as for schools, at least you can say you were "factory trained"!!!!!

Guest smokymtntint

Schools just take your money. Go work at a tint shop it is hands on and you will really learn alot from the people there :coffee

Guest BAD60FT

Thanks for all the posts at least I have something to shoot for

I am a Service Advisor for a new car dealer

6 days a week 12 hours a day is killing me

if I dont do something im going to flame out soon

Archived