Sungard IR75

Guest HeavyBreather

Guest atypicaldave

Come on, give us the down and dirty on your findings. A curious tinter wants to know about this much talked of 'New' product? :lol

Guest HeavyBreather

Supposed to be sungards answer to v cool. ps adhesive , supposed to be a 2 mil, but it feels thicker, and whatever scratch coat is on it is extreamly tacky.. the first piece I hung I thought I installed it backwards. Just trying to blot the edges, it was grabbing my 5 way just like the glue side would. Ive never hung v cool, so I dont know if its the same or not.

P.S. Why cant they put a dps on that type of film? I think v cool and HO are ps, arnt they?

Yes V-Cool and Huper are PS adhesive. The install just like any other PS film except for the dry time so proper squeegeing is a must.

Supposed to be sungards answer to v cool. ps adhesive

:thumb don't they all have the answer

Guest huperoptikusa

info on sungard 75 from the elite program,

it is said to have an IR rejection of 85% and a very high tser.

an easy test is

take 1 product from sungard that has the same tser as the 75 and compare their performance. you will notice that the 75 is no way close to any high performance spectrally selective film. its a clear film but hardly has any performance.

Guest metint
it is said to have an IR rejection of 85% and a very high tser.

an easy test is

take 1 product from sungard that has the same tser as the 75 and compare their performance. you will notice that the 75 is no way close to any high performance spectrally selective film. its a clear film but hardly has any performance.

Would have to look at which wavelengths (expressed in nanometers (nm) it screens... many high VLT films despite the infamous 'IR rejection' capabilities, will still be less effective than a comparable darker film... visible light is reponsible for heat as well. :lol And a minute amount comes from UV radiation. :)

Since infrared radiation (IR) only makes up 53% of the total solar energy (electromagnetic radiation), 85% IR rejection would only account for approximately 45 percentage points of the actual TSER value placed on that film and could easily be affected or misrepresented by not disclosing exactly which IR wavelengths it is truly capable of rejecting. :)

Kind of like saying a film has an IR rejection of 96% without specifying which wavelengths are involved (e.g. 96% of 900-1780nm, 96% of 780-1350nm or 96% of 1100-2400nm). :lol6 Some films are superior to others at different wavelengths and the energy found at say 1050 nm could have five times the energy found at 1500nm.

Further into this thought one could find that zero energy exists at say, 1400 nm. What is needed is an averaging of the entire IR band to give factual IR rejection capabilites instead of stating a film's IR rejection within a narrow band. :spit

What is needed is an averaging of the entire IR band to give factual IR rejection capabilites instead of stating a film's IR rejection within a narrow band. :)

That happens all the time Metint.

Why let a little discrepancy get in the way of stated comments taken for fact? :)

Truth bends you know just like sunlight rays. :lol6

Devil

Guest TintPoser

VK-75 is nice. I would love to get my hands on a sample of the Elite equivelent. I have yet to see any film compete with the VK 70. Seriously... takes glass from 220 btu to 17 btu.

Archived