Noob just asking some questions...

Guest Civicman86

Guest Civicman86

Hey guys I have always been very interested in learning how to tint windows, but I have and still don't have anyone to teach me. I have thought about trying to get a job at a buisness where they tint cars but that is alot of trouble for a kid who is a full time college student and already has a 35+ hour/week job. Anywho here come the questions. I tried to search around the forum a bit so I would not be to ignorant....

What are the differences in tint? Why are some so much better than others? Also how much would a pretty decent brand of tint cost me if I only wanted to buy enough for one car (accord 4door). I really just want to try this art out and see if I am anygood at it at all.

Heatguns...where is the best place to get one of these? Does anyone have an old one that still works around that they might be interested in selling a noob to start his tinting hobby?

Where are some other good websites that can take me step-by-step through the process of tinting. Like I said before I have no experiece so I guess I will be learning through trial and error on my dads accord.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Dustin :hide

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop

you aren't going to get much help from anyone here. everything you need to kow is pretty much covered within the forums.

as for tint, just go buy the cheapest stuff you can find at pepboys or wal-mart. you're going to ruin it anyway, so don't waste money on the good stuff. as far as heat gun, go to lowe's or home depot and buy the little cheapo wagner that cost about $15-$20. you're going to get mad and throw it, so there's no use in wasting money on a $100 milwaukee or porter-cable.

every other question you can possibly come up with has been answered several times on the board already. just search for it. :? or grow some REALLY thick skin and ask questions to which you will more than likely just get smart-azz remarks.

welcome to hell. :hide:lol

Guest Civicman86
you aren't going to get much help from anyone here. everything you need to kow is pretty much covered within the forums.

as for tint, just go buy the cheapest stuff you can find at pepboys or wal-mart. you're going to ruin it anyway, so don't waste money on the good stuff. as far as heat gun, go to lowe's or home depot and buy the little cheapo wagner that cost about $15-$20. you're going to get mad and throw it, so there's no use in wasting money on a $100 milwaukee or porter-cable.

every other question you can possibly come up with has been answered several times on the board already. just search for it. :? or grow some REALLY thick skin and ask questions to which you will more than likely just get smart-azz remarks.

welcome to hell. :hide:lol

LOL Im pretty use to being on the otherside of the fence. Im a moderator on a fairly large car message boards (2000+ members) and on many other very large boards, and Im usualy one saying search lol. OH well I guess what goes around comes around :lol

Where are some other good websites that can take me step-by-step through the process of tinting.

:tts ..and this IS the best website around for all your questions to be answered..Welcome :hide

Guest Civicman86

OK well I have decided to look at suntek for a first time tint. I would rather not bother with the cheap stuff and waste my money on some nicer tint. I guess wish me luck guys :thumb

Oh and also, someone has to have a old heat gun laying around.

there's nothing inherently wrong with a heatgun you buy from the paint department at your local "home improvement superstore" and if you truly want to start tinting for $, you might as well pony up to get one.

otherwise... tinting is an art, and to learn the art, it takes a lot of time, practice and wasted film. which is a lot to invest for just one car. so hopefully you can understand why a run-of-the-mill DIY'er might get a hard time.

Archived