you guys with your high end cars

Guest thetintshop

Guest S and S
I have a stand but Im thinking the suction cup would be a better way to keep the tint clean, what size suction cup do you get from lawrence?

Yeah...the cup is a good idea too.

I would be nervous with suction cups holding a piece of glass. What would you do let it hang from the wall? No thanks I just had to bye one back glass dont want another one. As for the glass guys..they all know me :wink :rollin and know who I am...that was one thing I did a few years back is go to ALL the glass shops...since I am the only one in the county they are all happy to send me their customers!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest learner

tts that is a clean job. I just did one about a week ago I got 250 for mine, that is about what my competition is getting to do them also. I just cant seem to get as clean of a job when I lay my glasses on my stands maybe standing them up in a clean enviroment would help instead of in his haybarn huh. I already explained to this man dust would be inevitable since he wouldn't bring it to me. Also did you also do the windshield, you must be a fast tinter to do all those glasses in 1 hour. I spent 8 hours on the one I did but I was by my self all day. those glasses are a bituch to handle by yourself.

Guest thetintshop
tts that is a clean job. I just did one about a week ago I got 250 for mine, that is about what my competition is getting to do them also. I just cant seem to get as clean of a job when I lay my glasses on my stands maybe standing them up in a clean enviroment would help instead of in his haybarn huh. I already explained to this man dust would be inevitable since he wouldn't bring it to me. Also did you also do the windshield, you must be a fast tinter to do all those glasses in 1 hour. I spent 8 hours on the one I did but I was by my self all day. those glasses are a bituch to handle by yourself.

that's why I quit doing them anywhere other than my shop. and I don't do used ones unless they take the glass out and bring it to me.

I didn't do the windshield on this one. and the job was just over 3 hours long. once the glass is out and all the hardware is off, it's a pretty easy tint job. if you don't mind heatshrinking every stinkin glass. :lol6 all the time is spent taking everything off and putting it back on.

but I've done a few of these. someone doing one the first time won't be able to do it in 3 hours. :beer

I did a kubota a few months ago and that was the first time I had done one of those models and it took me about 5 1/2 hours.

I'm glad you posted this, TTS, because a guy called me about 2 weeks ago wanting an '85 john deere tractor tinted, and I said I couldn't give him a price without seeing it, but forgot about it. He didn't call me back and I don't care because after seeing your pics and comments, I don't want to touch it. :dunno

Guest learner

tts, I know what you mean I have done a few of the Kubotas my self and found myself getting quicker at them, I knew what to look for. Man I am pricing my tractors too cheap I got over a hundred bucks less than you and I did the windshield and the two glasses below it also gor $250. I knew I should have went up on them.

Thanks to all of you that shared info on the tractor tinting. I recently bid on 13 new tractors for a local company, and feel better about the price I gave them. They look like a lot of work, and if someone underbids me, they are welcome to them! :mad

Guest thetintshop

one thing I have found, most tractor owners are willing to pay more than car owners. they're getting film for a reason, and the reason is rarely cosmetic. plus, most of these tractors range from $35K-$125K. and they probably just spent $3000-$10,000 for a bucket or lift on the front. $350 more for tinting it is nothing to these guys.

if it's a new tractor, you guys should never pass on it if you can help it. pretty good money, and easy customers to deal with. from my experience anyway.

if it's a new tractor, you guys should never pass on it if you can help it. pretty good money, and easy customers to deal with. from my experience anyway.

Not to mention most of these guys are just good ole country boys making hundreds of thousands a year and farmers tend to be a tight group that talk alot as well :mad

Archived