Tinting Dox Matrix Rear Windows

Guest bruce

Guest thetintshop
"WINDOW TINTING FILM: Peel film back to expose the dot matrix, and squirt a bead of Magoops? across the dots. Use a squeegee to smooth it out and work bead upward in a horizontal motion."

where I come from up means vertical.

:wall:thumb:skit I didn't catch that. :thumb

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blade

I'm not one to change my tinting ways too often. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. Last time I changed a technique was because of a recommendation from a regular on this board. (Mdog) I would have to hear good things from a regular here before wasting my time and money on changing.

Guest Eclipse
"WINDOW TINTING FILM: Peel film back to expose the dot matrix, and squirt a bead of Magoops? across the dots. Use a squeegee to smooth it out and work bead upward in a horizontal motion."

where I come from up means vertical.

:rollin I think that is their way of saying work the glue side to side slowly moving up towards the top of the window. This is how I used to get the glue to fill in all the air pockets as I worked it up the window, side to side.

Guest thetintshop

at 3 ounces, I would assume you would have to use at least half an ounce to do the matrix on a mustang. that means it could cost $5.00 or more to use this stuff. it only costs about $1.50 to do it 851 vinyl. and no worries about getting it on plastic.

Guest Al-tint

I have been using this stuff for six years now and it is fabulous. Fills the matrix in perfectly, better than vinyl.

Also my third arm I have now makes tinting waaaaayyyyy faster.

Archived