finally got it!

Guest drscotty14

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after trying wet shrink and baby power, I finally tried the dryer sheets and I got the hang of it. im no pro at it but I definately have something here!  :spit  all I did was anchored the film in the H pattern and spread out the fingers evenly and made as many fingers as a could so there werent any huge ones. I didnt work in quadrants like alot of people say. I did bottom first then top, hitting the top inch of every finger then pushed the tips down after each inch. I didnt have a problem with not working in quadrant (this was on a 2001 jetta by the way). anyone know why they say to work in 4 sections?

I used the baby and dryer sheets before and I loved the dryer sheets. Untill One Day this tinter SHowed me with the baby Powder.. He use it very little I mean very little that you dont even see it on the Glass. VERY VERRY VERRY LITTLE. MAke a Thick H WET LINE and lay the film Anchor it, wet the corners right and left Verticle and anchor. cut it GEt a hard Card.(he did'nt use hard card I did before with dryer sheets so I tried this time too). Wrap around 3 BOunty's And STart shrinking. YOU dont need to wet check, its comes out flat like wet shrinkiing. Save about 5-10mins of Drying Time. NOW I can Shrink a Window in 10-15 mins from the time to Cleaning it to SHrinking and Rolling it For inStall. :rollin:spit

Try Very minimal Powder on the Back Glass it works like a Charm and Cleans up easy. Now I dont even use light on 35% and 20%. :rollin its the best.

cut it GEt a hard Card. Wrap around 3 BOunty's And STart shrinking. YOU dont need to wet check, its comes out flat like wet shrinkiing.

a hard card when heat shrinking? :rollin won't that hurt the tint?

I guess not. just a glove here.

Guest S and S

alright TB you said it!! I just let you know in case I am ever in the high point area you would offer me a mixed drink instead of beer or wine!! :rollin

cut it GEt a hard Card. Wrap around 3 BOunty's And STart shrinking.  YOU dont need to wet check, its comes out flat like wet shrinkiing.

a hard card when heat shrinking? :rollin won't that hurt the tint?

I guess not. just a glove here.

I wont hurt the tint when it is wraped around 3 layers of papertowel and the shrinking is being done to the liner( white ) side. :rollin

Archived