finally got it!

Guest drscotty14

SHS whats the story behind with the MR2 avater :rollin

that's me! that's our competition car (this year). :rollin

notice the right front wheel is not touching the ground. :spit

this is a good thing. it means it's going really fast...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S and S
notice the right front wheel is not touching the ground. :rollin

this is a good thing. it means it's going really fast...

yea thats a really good sign in this type of racing...watch it all the time on tv

Went to one of the events in Charlotte at the speedway to watch a friend who has a 86 944 and to watch that many differant and sometimes very xpensive cars without a lot of mods was just fascinating..they raced on the inside road race area of the track :rollin

Went to one of the events in Charlotte at the speedway to watch a friend who has a 86 944 and to watch that many differant and sometimes very xpensive cars without a lot of mods was just fascinating..they raced on the inside road race area of the track :rollin

yes.... real racing is when you turn right *and* left. :rollin The mr2 is a solo2 car, which means it's not raced wheel-to-wheel with another car. it's you against the clock. the courses are smaller than road courses, which means you're turning more often. a road course might have 10 turns, a solo2 course has the same amount of turns... but in 60 seconds. solo2 is also called autocross in the US. called slaloms in the UK. lots of fun.

Guest drscotty14

I use a balled up sock to smooth out the shrunken areas. its really soft and easy to work with. I get very few creases with it. :bingo

Guest SQUEEGEE

S'nS,

I don't know about you but if you weigh more than 240lbs then I don't know how one can install w/out back rollin' especially in some small or compact cars like the Infinity I-35's and the like.

Cleaner install and more room to work. I never got the hang of Frankensteinin'.

Not enough room for me AND a big ass piece 'o tint hanging everywhere.

I had no choice but to learn how to do this by simply following TD's very detailed and accurate instructions on his help page. After about the 3rd try I got the hang of it.

Not a bad investment in wasted film if you ask me. :bingo

Guest fimmo

hey susquehannasolar nice mr2! I got one too but it's more looks than uprated performance!

by the way,not to go off topic! this reverse rolling thing? it's confusing? I've been 'frankensteining' it so far but done one yesterday and got some crap in the bottom corner, really annoyed me, any links on this reverse rolling?

Niceeeeeee MR2...beautiful color for that car. :uh go to the tip section of the forum and there should be a pic :uh I started out cutting the liner in half after spraying solution and laying back over ..then when I got inside pulled half off as Im putting on one side...squeegee a line to hold...then pull off other side...finally switched to not cutting liner and doing as Squeegee says. :thumb

Archived