Endust for Electronics shrinking

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest High Octane Tinting
so you lather the window with the soap...then how do you actually shrink the film (I know by miracle it doesnt shrink itself) with a heat gun>

Yes, a heat gun.

Guest atypicaldave

Have not tried the soap on a rope yet, but I do understand the result would be similar to dryer sheets.

Endust fo' Electro's is like huffing without the bag. :bingo Some really :bingo stuff that will have you :lol within weeks. :lol

Guest Blade

Mdog's ivory soap method is about the only technique I've changed to in awhile. I always used dryer sheets, but after trying the ivory soap I won't go back.

I lather the ivory soap up in a wet rag. Wipe down the window with the rag. A haze dries on the window just like dryer sheets. (But dries quicker) Then just shrink the window like you would with dryer sheets. The soap is slicker, the fingers move where they need to almost on their own. Plus when you're done shrinking all you have to do is wet the outside of the window and squeegee it off. No scrubbing at all to clean it. :uh

Thanks Mdog. :thumb Since I switched to this I've gotten all our installers at all 3 locations doing it.....and they're all thrilled too. :uh

Guest tintgod
Mdog's ivory soap method is about the only technique I've changed to in awhile. I always used dryer sheets, but after trying the ivory soap I won't go back.

I lather the ivory soap up in a wet rag. Wipe down the window with the rag. A haze dries on the window just like dryer sheets. (But dries quicker) Then just shrink the window like you would with dryer sheets. The soap is slicker, the fingers move where they need to almost on their own. Plus when you're done shrinking all you have to do is wet the outside of the window and squeegee it off. No scrubbing at all to clean it. :thumb

Thanks Mdog. :uh Since I switched to this I've gotten all our installers at all 3 locations doing it.....and they're all thrilled too. :uh

ok...guess im going to have to try it..is ivery the only soap that works... :thumb

Guest Blade

I think Pro used Dove. I suggested using Irish Spring. Then you're window would be 'fresh and clean as a whistle' :uh FX would probably use that.

Guest tintgod

I lather the ivory soap up in a wet rag. Wipe down the window with the rag. A haze dries on the window just like dryer sheets. (But dries quicker) Then just shrink the window like you would with dryer sheets. The soap is slicker, the fingers move where they need to almost on their own. Plus when you're done shrinking all you have to do is wet the outside of the window and squeegee it off. No scrubbing at all to clean it. :uh

Thanks Mdog. :uh Since I switched to this I've gotten all our installers at all 3 locations doing it.....and they're all thrilled too. :thumb

MAYBE if you change your technique more often...you could become a better tinter... :thumb

Guest metint
Mdog's ivory soap method is about the only technique I've changed to in awhile.  I always used dryer sheets,  but after trying the ivory soap I won't go back.

I lather the ivory soap up in a wet rag.  Wipe down the window with the rag.  A haze dries on the window just like dryer sheets. (But dries quicker) Then just shrink the window like you would with dryer sheets.  The soap is slicker, the fingers move where they need to almost on their own.  Plus when you're done shrinking all you have to do is wet the outside of the window and squeegee it off.  No scrubbing at all to clean it.  :thumb

Thanks Mdog.  :uh  Since I switched to this I've gotten all our installers at all 3 locations doing it.....and they're all thrilled too.  :lol

MAYBE if you change your technique more often...you could become a better tinter... :uh

:thumb:uh

Guest S and S

OK so I slick the window down with ivory and water and heat with a gun. I dont need to wet it again? It stays wet? And do I still have to wet the outside? I always do this or I am really gonna $%#@ it up!

Archived