Demonstration Lamp

Guest tintacar

Guest tintacar

Is there anyone who can tell me what to do whit this lamp, and or are there people using it.

And is there anyone who uses meters to check the UV or thicknes of the film.

:rollin

I have a real nice demo kit for tint..it's about 25 yrs old dad got it in the first few yrs of business...they don't make them like this anymore..in a real nice wooden Samsonite casing all self contained..I'll post a pic of it this week..Great for shows.

The lamp you have will generate the heat , but you need glass slides and meters for it t owork as a demo..

I would like to have a setup like you have TW. I might build one on a slow day for my mobile use. Should be a great example with my IR temp gun to show heat difference between HP, cheap dyed, and no tint at all. :rollin Even though it is an old idea

I would like to have a setup like you have TW. I might build one on a slow day for my mobile use.

I had thought about trying to build one like the one I have...but not much of a cabinet maker :rollin I think they would sell good to anyone in the biz..I won't comment much more on it till I dig it out from dad's basement and snap some pics for the forum..he paid $100US for it in the late 70's they don't make them this nice anymore :thumb

I have a friend here in town that has a shop and he sells huper film. ha has a box with the light in the top and the box is divided into 2 sections one with huper and the other with some cheep film, yoiu can slid this door over to one side and feel the heat coming through the dyed film and when you slide ti over to huper you feel NOTHING :rollin its kinda cool way to show it off.

I have a friend here in town that has a shop and he sells huper film. ha has a box with the light in the top and the box is divided into 2 sections one with huper and the other with some cheep film, yoiu can slid this door over to one side and feel the heat coming through the dyed film and when you slide ti over to huper you feel NOTHING :rollin its kinda cool way to show it off.

yes, this is the kinda demo kit I have...was meant to compare one film to the next and untreated glass to treated glass with film. you see it visualy with the meters..you feel the difference with your hand ..good kit :thumb

Guest High Octane Tinting

I've got a simple meter that you hold up to the window with and without tint, show em the difference in heat rejection. Pretty cheap but it does get the point across. :bingo

Guest tintacar

I like to know more about that meter, because I don`t like to drag around a lamp like this to show people the effects of the film. The people overhere don`t think it will reduce the heat they alway`s think that it`s a selling thing you know blablablabla but it in`t.

Where can I buy such a meter and what can I do whit it can you send me a picture of it

Guest metint

When using a heat lamp and BTU meter for demonstration purposes, the most effective and most credible way of using it is to compare performance of a film/glass sample combination to that of glass only sample... not showing how one film/glass combination compares to another film/glass combination.

Window film's differ in their ability to filter the solar spectrum's wavelengths (measured in nanometers), some are better performers at one end of the spectrum verses the opposite or anything found between.

BTU meters are limited in their ability to measure the full solar spectrum (wavelengths), making them a poor measuring instrument for comparing one window film's true performance to another window film.

An $80K+ spectrometer used by film makers can measure side by side film performance, a BTU meter... :bingo:lol

BTU meter can aid in finding the shading coefficient of a film, because it is able to give a comparative measure of performance between glass and glass with film applied. :bingo

Archived