Hello

Guest Midwest Auto Salon

Guest Midwest Auto Salon

Hi everyone, I am new here. My name is Tony Nguyen, co-owner of Midwest Auto Salon. We are doing auto tint and accessories here in Apple Valley, Minnesota. To all the shop owner's out there, any of you have tips for me? I am looking for pointers of what to do and not to do. Thanks for any info.

The best tip I can give is read th archives of TD...apply them, come back looking for more information and most importantly..Participate :rollin:thumb

Guest Midwest Auto Salon

what do you think I should do my pricing at and what films should I use? I am contemplating Llumar but they are very spendy.

Prices depend on what your market will be willing to pay, as far as film, llumar is a top rated film that you shouldn't have any problems from. That will be important to you if you plan to stay in business over 2 or 3 years.

Good luck & welcome to the board :thumb

Guest Midwest Auto Salon

ok as of now we have pricing for 3 different Llumars. We are going to carry their basic blk with 3 year warranty, their blk with lifetime warranty and their platinum plus with lifetime warranty. all shades in 20, 35, and 50% pricing will be for 2 dr, 5 windows....4 dr, 7 windows....and trucks 2 dr, 3 windows flat back, and trucks 4 dr, flat back and then for the sliding glass we have an add on item for 30 bux...do youthink thats a good way to have our pricing??

thanks for the help

never once have I had a customer call in and specifically ask what kind of film we use. they ask about a warranty but NEVER the type of film. llumar is way too expensive imo. other companies like global, solargard and johnson have great products that are far less expensive. minimizing your material cost is the first step to maximizing your profit...without sacrificing quality of course.

I would have to say in this area over half my customers ask about film. But it could be a couple competitors push brands and colorfable film like it's direct from the sky wrapped in gold. Good film, when it's installed and not a cheaper film passed off as it. Only one actually carries and another says he does but doesn't have a single roll in stock. Last time I checked mmm comes on red tubes. :evilgrin

It's a different market everywhere, especially here. Never seen any place like it. :lol6

Archived