setting tools on cars

Guest drscotty14

Guest drscotty14
:) I set my spray bottle on the trunk of a car when I was tinting it and at the end there were tiny scratches. im not sure if its from me but all I put up there was a plastic spray bottle. anyone ever had this problem?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S and S

a Long Time ago I had a Customer come to pick up his car .. and saw a bottle on it.. and started about Scratches THAT were all ready there!!! FIRST and LAST Time :)

a few years ago we had a guy work here that HAD to use a plastic tool tray for all his @#$%, he couldnt use a pouch :) I bet we had 20 people over the year and a half he worked here complain about scratches on the trunk and top of the cars :) he eventually got fired.

persoanlly I dont put a damn thing on a customers car except for tint scraps on the front glass when I am cutting the patterns. I have seen first hand what setting tools on a car can cause.

I would definitely advise AGAINST putting things on cars paint.

Putting tools on cars is never a good Idea,if you don't like wearing a toolbelt get a rolling tool tray,or try just take A 20" film box lid and throw all your tools in it and just carry it from door to door a lay it on the ground next to you. :)

a Long Time ago I had a Customer come to pick up his car .. and saw a bottle on it.. and started about Scratches THAT were all ready there!!! FIRST and LAST Time :lol6

I agree with S&S. Dealing with high end vehicles most my professional life I have learned the customer doesn't want to see anything on their car. So tint scraps are all you'll EVER see on the car. If you must have tools back there with you while shrinking, grab a towel just for that. Like a dish towel or something and keep it in your tint bay to use for nothing else. Stays clean without dirt on it and the customer can't say much. Not to mention you will never sratch a finish with it. :):)

I have an idea on a rolling tint tray ...its in the works and will post when done :) Im the worlds worst for sitting bottle on top :) I sit a tool caddy with everything xcept my hardcards "Pouch "on the seat at the window Im working on ..it has my paper towel box attached in it also :lol6

Guest SQUEEGEE

It's usually not the tool or spray bottle that causes the scratching, it's the dirt between what ever you lay down on the car and the paint that causes scratches.

Same with cutting on dirty glass = scratch or score the glass.

Guest High Octane Tinting

Right after I started tinting I laid a metal ruler on a car and it slid down the hatch and scratched the trunk, I learned real quick about putting stuff on cars.

Archived