setting tools on cars

Guest drscotty14

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest High Octane Tinting
Dont put @#$% on the paint, just the glass you will have less headaches in the future! :hump

:bingo I try not to put anything on the glass either, just keeps me in the habit. :hump

:lol Squeegee is sooo right :hump Micro is a good idea,,but without a lubricant between the paint and ragg it still will scratch a dirty car..its called micro scratches like you will get when washing your car...It would be better in my opinion to lay a big micro towel thats slightly damp anywhere your going to be laying items if you cant get out of the habit :hump just to be on safe side :DD Walmart sells them now for 7.00 20by30 if I remember right :bingo:hump Most time you want see the scratching until the sun hits it just right :hump

Guest thetintshop

customers complain about the water streaks on the door panels. that should tell you setting tools on the car is a dumb idea.

Guest High Octane Tinting
customers complain about the water streaks on the door panels. that should tell you setting tools on the car is a dumb idea.

I use pro-shine on the door panels when I'm done, its an aeresol that gives it back a factory finish, not a "shine", takes all of 30 seconds, works great. :bingo

Guest S and S
I covered the bottom of my spray bottle with a microfiber towel and I put it wherever I want. I haven't had any problems, yet. :bingo

except for it sliding off and making a big dent in it somewhere!

I use pro-shine on the door panels when I'm done, its an aeresol that gives it back a factory finish, not a "shine", takes all of 30 seconds, works great. :bingo

I trash bag my door pannels because of this. Did the front two on a 04 Tahoe today for a friend and he was inpressed with this small extra step! :hump

Right after I started tinting I laid a metal ruler on a car and it slid down the hatch and scratched the trunk, I learned real quick about putting stuff on cars.

what were you doing with a metal ruler? :bingo

Archived