Texas tinters

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

the alta mere here is putting 30% on the D&P. I measured a chevy truck with 30% on it and it meters at 21.4%. that's well below the 25% allowed by law. (but just right to pass inspection) :dunno

any of you guys using, or know anyone who's using, 30% for D&P?

I just think it's funny how the law changed, when we almost got a law that allowed nothing, and now everybody thinks we can go lower than before. I used to use 32% film, and now with the new law, I'd be scared to use it. on top of the fact that cops are pushing the law harder now that they can figure it out.

if this kind of shiat keeps up, eventually we'll have a law like california's. I mean really, we're talking about 5% percent difference here. is it really worth it?

Guest thetintshop

the one here has 3 installers. all three combined have less than half the experience that I have. 2 of them are "factory trained". :hmmm I guess that makes them better than me since I'm not factory trained. :dunno

TTS, I have talked to two different inspection stations recently just to get their view and to see what they pass and what they fail. They both told me the same thing...they fail at 17% - pass at 18%. It is 20%, with a + or - 2%! Rose, has owned and operated an inspection station for 19 yrs, she says she checks every car that comes into her station. You could tell she knew the law. It states 25% net in the law, the law gives another 5% for inspections due to film variances, another +or- 2% for meter variance, that equals 18%!

Oh and NO reflective tint at all!!!! It is not legal in TX per Rose.

So is the latest word :hmmm! I am making sales calls this week on auto shops, etc. so I will asks more state inspectors.

TTC :dunno

we had a DPS officer pull over a guy in a new chevy truck a couple weeks ago and give him a warning for 24% :dunno the officer told the guy it had to be 35% :hmmm

when you put 35% on the new chevy trucks which read 70% untinted on the front doors it comes out to 24 or 25 and that should be leagal because it says right on the meters + or - 2% accuracy :hmmm we got cops hasseling innocent people around here and it sucks.

Archived