Quick question to the Gods of Tinting

Guest Wellington P Funk

Guest Blade

The law sucks there......that means NO TINT FOR YOU!

I've used NRTrueGrey 35 on those in the past. From the outside it matches pretty well for color. Not darkness though. Doesn't match too well from the inside. And the factory glass in the rear is about a 15-20%. Charcoal 32 matches pretty well from the outside also. :beer

Guest Wellington P Funk

Well, the tint law is one thing, finding a shop that will tint 'em dark is another. In the town I'm in, there's 2 or 3 shops that do tint; only one of them does consistently good work, as there's only one dedicated tint shop in the area. However, all three don't hesitate to do tint jobs of "questionable legality," I assume because illegal work is a large portion of their business. I checked up a bit, and it seems that ANY tint on front windows is illegal in PA. However, locally, I counted no less than 2 dozen cars so equipped on a half-hour drive through town. Considering the amount of cars that come with factory tint on the rear windows in this area, I'd think that a tint shop that refused to do illegal work would be compromising a good portion of their business.

It's an unfortunate circumstance, but that's how things seem to be here.

-Bob

Archived