head unit in bedroom

Guest robbiesstereo

Guest robbiesstereo

just quickly... I'm planning to put my sony xplod h/unit in my room.

what I wanna ask is how do I get power to it, I've been told that maybe an old computer power suply is best but still I wouldn't know which wire would be positive.

how could I get power to my headunit.?

I would suggest going inside and turning the voltage regulator pot all the way down before hooking it up. It's the silver can with an orange or green top. Adjustable on top with a small flat-blade. Hell turn them both all the way down (in) just to be safe :thumb

Guest sammy004

yo man you probally have a 12 volt supply laying around your house. Most house voltage in north america is 120Volt but there are like clock radios or computer speakers they are usally 12 volt so you can probally get that to run your X-plode deck.

yo man you probally have a 12 volt supply laying around your house. Most house voltage in north america is 120Volt but there are like clock radios or computer speakers they are usally 12 volt so you can probally get that to run your X-plode deck.

he needs at least 3-5 amps to make it run. sometimes as much as 12 amps for high power. no power supply wall transformer is going to do it safely. most are 1 amp max. he would melt the trans. or wires coming from it as they generally have no overload protection. cuz their not made for this stuff. Totally unsafe. :evileye

stick to detailing

Guest sammy004

Your right man but not all wall transformers are the same. The reason I said that was because I did the exact same thing or else if I was unsure I would not post anything.

Guest mrhobbz

I've setup my buddies clarion headunit in his bedroom with an old computer powersupply, just google the wires and you can find which is positive (use the molex connector cables)

Guest zolar

on the PC power supply the red is usually +12V the yellow is +5V

check it with a meter to make damn sure, no x-plod is worth a fire

1 word of advice from 20 years in 12 volt

FRUZE !!!!

Z

Archived