Defroster

Guest Tint Masters

so many people in iowa are uninformed about tint....I've lost so many jobs because people think that it will either melt the tint or loose all function of the defroster. nobody wants tint around here for practical reasons...just to look cool...

Guest atypicaldave
Yes, you will have those who will come and say they turn them on all the time without incident and some will say as a tinter they use them to speed dry their installs, the thing to remember is just because it hasn't happened in ten years does not mean it won't happen tomorrow.

Play it safe... recommend they not use the defrost for the first week after film installation. :sad

Looks like the devil missed this part. :passout

Roulette.... :dunno

Since I field calls for a certain manu on installation issues, I have had car owners report what I have spoke of (using their defrost and the window goes kabooom)... how many times over 8 years of taking calls :lol does not matter. Gamble if you wish, it's your wallet. :lol

You have had people call with windows explode??? :lol I have never heard of this happening although I have pondered the thought being an electrician. I have had a car's intake blow slam off before. But never a back window out :lol

Yes, you will have those who will come and say they turn them on all the time without incident and some will say as a tinter they use them to speed dry their installs, the thing to remember is just because it hasn't happened in ten years does not mean it won't happen tomorrow.

Play it safe... recommend they not use the defrost for the first week after film installation. :bling

Looks like the devil missed this part. :bling

I did :bling but I'm sure I'll be covered in the unlikely event by my lifetime warranty extension on the prevention of exploding rear screens with film on it.

Devil

Guest metint
Roulette.... :thumb

Since I field calls for a certain manu on installation issues, I have had car owners report what I have spoke of (using their defrost and the window goes kabooom)... how many times over 8 years of taking calls :hmmm does not matter. Gamble if you wish, it's your wallet. :thumb

You have had people call with windows explode??? :thumb I have never heard of this happening although I have pondered the thought being an electrician. I have had a car's intake blow slam off before. But never a back window out :hmmm

Yeuhp...

Two I can remember... guy driving down the 5 freeway in LA puts on his defrost to rid the glass of morning dew and kabooom! Another was a lady from SE Pennsylvania leaving for work at 5 AM, turns on defrost to rid the window of morning dew and snap, pop, crackle, kabooom... no window. :spit

Both instances had film applied that day or the day before and both use their defrost each time there was dew on the glass with no trouble until film was applied.

I have also seen for myself a one-piece back glass on Volvo 240 4 door demetalize to clear along a couple of defrost lines a day after film was installed. It looked like it was installed in strips by a DIYer until I looked closer to find the metal and the dye had disintegrated along those two lines. Seen this one other time since, and have field one call in the last 8 years for the same phenomena.

:hmmm Baffles me and many others, too.

Guest SQUEEGEE
Roulette.... :evileye

Since I field calls for a certain manu on installation issues, I have had car owners report what I have spoke of (using their defrost and the window goes kabooom)... how many times over 8 years of taking calls :whisper does not matter. Gamble if you wish, it's your wallet. :evileye

You have had people call with windows explode??? :rollin I have never heard of this happening although I have pondered the thought being an electrician. I have had a car's intake blow slam off before. But never a back window out :evileye

Yeuhp...

Two I can remember... guy driving down the 5 freeway in LA puts on his defrost to rid the glass of morning dew and kabooom! Another was a lady from SE Pennsylvania leaving for work at 5 AM, turns on defrost to rid the window of morning dew and snap, pop, crackle, kabooom... no window. :shock

Both instances had film applied that day or the day before and both use their defrost each time there was dew on the glass with no trouble until film was applied.

I have also seen for myself a one-piece back glass on Volvo 240 4 door demetalize to clear along a couple of defrost lines a day after film was installed. It looked like it was installed in strips by a DIYer until I looked closer to find the metal and the dye had disintegrated along those two lines. Seen this one other time since, and have field one call in the last 8 years for the same phenomena.

:evileye Baffles me and many others, too.

Who was driving the said vehicles in question? Bigfoot? Lochness Monster?

:lol

Just jackin' with you Metint.

Good to know that it "can" happen.

Archived