Visor how to?

Guest Civicman86

Guest Civicman86

OK I know you can heat a front windshield cause it will crack (my buddy found that out the hard way) So how do you make the film fit to the curved surface of the windshield?

My tint sample rolls should be here soon so I will get to waste lots of film trying to heat shrink :spit

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Civicman86
You CAN heat on windshields, just not a whole lot. I've never broken a windshield by using a heat gun. Most windshield strips are narrow enough to make the curve without heat, unless it's a homie-brow.

homie-brow

:lol:lol:spit:lol:lol

Guest Civicman86

BTW all my tinting supllies came in today. I have three sample film rolls to waste :woot:

Oh and im not doing a "homie-brow" just someting slim to keep the sun out.

Guest thetintshop
BTW all my tinting supllies came in today. I have three sample film rolls to waste :woot:

Oh and im not doing a "homie-brow" just someting slim to keep the sun out.

you don't need to heat those. if you do a factory straight edge brow, or a curved one, it doesn't matter, I haven't needed to shrink an eyebrow, ever.

Guest autotintplus

True, they will follow the curve and become a frown. Unless you're like impeccable at making a straight line, I wouldn't be doing any straight 4" or 6" brows. They look nice though. :evileye

It the event you ever need to shrink on the front glass, I use medium heat and hit the tint really fast. You are trying to get the tint hot, shrunk, without passing the heat on to the windshield. You friend likely was slow and heat where a rock chip or something was. Maybe a stress point where it was installed. Seen that before.

Guest metint

Can use a 'Bow Guide' to cut a parallel-edge visors...

If any heat forming is necessary, you can always place the visor on your glass board or table with the top edge hanging a half-inch off the glass edge and carefully heat the film edge that's hanging off the glass to edge-shrink it a bit.

Guest yogi2187

I agree with TTS I have never shrank a visor yet I have done whole windshields before and never broke a window yet just be careful not to get to hot dont shrink in one place too long

Archived