Tinting Front Windshield - Yay or Nay

Guest chefwong

Guest chefwong

If I'm getting all 4 doors & rear tinted, it just doesn't make sense why I'm leaving the windshield *untinted*. The heat, UV is still coming through the front windshield.

I've yet to see the HO 60% , but I'm considering getting my front windshield tinted with HO 60%. How does one deal with the yearly registration/inspection stickers though ? By law, only the inspection stations can remove/install the stickers on and I can inevitably see this area getting scratched up quite easily.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No f'n way. Windsheilds block UV already, and if you tint it, it will defeat the safety aspect of the laminate. If your customer gets in a wreck and hits the sheild, instead of giving like it is supposed to, they will hit an imovable object, and their skull will cave instead of the glass, do not do it. :thumb

I agree it would work good but its illegal :bling I am too picky to have inspection stickers and crap under the tint and then have to cut them out and the whole thing looks like SVIT later :bling

The inspection station won't pass your car with front windshield tint anyway unless you pay them off. Then they have become trash like your tinter. For breaking multiple laws and making it unsafe. Then everyone starts talking about you. Then you get upset and run around being mad all the time. You will lose lots of friends.

Just stick with the front strip if anything at all. It makes life easier :bling I like beer

Guest Meff

Nay. Unless you like meeting state troopers and paying fines for something that is completely stupid. This subject is like a merry go roud. :thumb

Archived