New bikes are toast

My wife and I got an early start to go up to Holland MI to do some bicycle riding on some of the trail around there.

I loaded the bikes onto my 99 beetle and got on the road before 7am. I checked the bikes out just before hitting the interstate (88) and everything checked out ok.

When I got up to 65 the bikes (2 month old giants) flew off the rack :evileye

I saw them bouncing down the road about 10 feet off the ground :evileye

So now we are waiting for the bike shop to open so I can get a new bike for the wife (mine servived).

I hope this is the only thing to go bad on this trip :lol

Guest thetintshop

damn, what happened? I'm assuming it was a faulty rack, because somebody has to be blamed for it. whoever sold me that rack would be buying me some new bikes. :evileye

ah yes, the american way. :evileye

damn, what happened? I'm assuming it was a faulty rack, because somebody has to be blamed for it. whoever sold me that rack would be buying me some new bikes. :lol

ah yes, the american way. :evileye

:evileye TTS has it figured out. Must have some lawyer blood in him :evileye

The bike rack was a used one :lol (the wife picked it up somewhere) For the life of me I don't know why I put $600.00 worth of bikes on a $20.00 rack :rollin

We used our mini-van with the good bike rack (the kind that goes into the receiver hitch) :lol Along with a new bike for the wife :hmmm

(good thing the week before was a good one for tinting :lol )

All in all we had a good time riding up in MI . We road a good 18 miles in just rain, not bad for the 60 some miles we road :kiss

Archived