just got my 93 civic tinted...

Guest elrondo23

Guest elrondo23

Ok, so I just got my little white civic all tinted up, limo on the 2 rear windows, rear windshield, and top of windshield. However, sadly there are 2 noticable bubbles (I guess you call em fingers?) along the bottom edge of the right rear window... I got it done at a local shop, but they will be closed until tuesday... pretty much I was wondering is it too late, and do I have to take it back to them to get it redone, or is there a quick solution that I can do myself? I just got the car back an hour ago, in case that matters at all... Thanks Alot!

--aidin

:rollin

I wouldn't touch it at all. if you do, he probably won't warranty it. As I would not. But try and have it there first thing Tues morning.. I would not let my car go out without being checked and properly dried out. But :rollin happens.

He may have to re-tint it, but if you mess with it and F it up, he still has to re-tint it. At least if you don't mess with it, it's his fault.

Good luck

Guest elrondo23

thanks for the advice.

so im guessing I should keep the windows shut till I see him, rather than after 2 days like he initially said?

Guest sytran666

if they are small fingers stuff some napkins in the wedge and leave it there over night, it shouldnt be a problem the next day.

Or wrap the towel/napkin in a credit card and push em down. Just use common sense, if it isn't working, stop. But more than likely you'll solve the problem and save a trip back, and the time to redo it. It's really no big deal, and if you wait till tuesday, it'll be too late, so I say give it a shot.

Guest elrondo23

next morning: it looks amazing, you cant see where they were in the first place, but im gonna leave the napkins there for another day, just for added peace of mind. I actually ended up using movie promo pins (the lil rectangular pins u gotta wear when u work at a movie theatre, "pieces of flare") I shoved them in the lil gap at the bottom of the window, and rolled up some balls of charmin :evilgrin and shoved em in between the pins and the tinted side of the window, applying just enough pressure to smooth out (hopefully permanently) the fingers I had... hope this advice helps someone else on this site... thanks alot everyone!

Good job. I am skepical of telling someone to fix their own windows because I would be more upset if they tried to fix it and messed it up to the point where I couldn't fix it and had to re-do it. On the other hand it would have been my fault for not checking it out good before it left.

So glad things worked out and you're happen. That's what matters. Good job :evilgrin

Guest tinterjim

I'm glad it worked out for you, but you should have left it up to the shop that did the work. If I get a car that I've done and the customer messes with it, it kinda makes me angry. Especially if I know all I had to do was push out a simple finger and now I'm replacing a whole window.

Archived