What to look for in a good tinter ?

Guest jsoto

Guest jsoto

Any good tips you can recommend when checking out different tint places. I've had my car tinted 2X but the same shop. The helper did it the first time around and it was MINT.

The 2nd time ( I went with a darker tint), the owner did it .....supposedly one of the best tinters in the area. The cuts along the A Pillar edge, etc are not as nice as the tint job the helper did. He layed the tint all the way to the edges. While both look mint when the window is up, when you roll it a quarter down, I can see the difference on the window edges by the a pillars and also the top edge.........

Only way to have a clue of their jobs is check out the jobs they have in the shop at the time. completed cars. go by in the afternoon when no one has picked the cars up yet.

Lots of people talk a good game. It's your job to see how well they play. :evilgrin

Guest tintgod
Only way to have a clue of their jobs is check out the jobs they have in the shop at the time. completed cars. go by in the afternoon when no one has picked the cars up yet.

Lots of people talk a good game. It's your job to see how well they play. :lol6

what he said... :evilgrin ....ask about experiance too..but sometime that doesnt make a differance..ask them how long they have been in business in that location..lots of hack shops will move around..

Guest tinterjim

You should be able to tell just by talking to a tinter. Ask questions, look at his work, and like a few others have said see how long they have been in business. Insist on a quality film and don't be afraid to pay for it.

Guest tintgod
...and don't go by pictures..the crappiest job will look "fine" in a picture of a whole car :beer

yeah...ive seen some of your pics... :evilgrin:lol:lol6

Guest fastlanedesigns

Hey! I am missing one of my back teeth. (and I am beginning to wonder if English is still the local language.) Se Habla Espanol?

Archived