Pulled over by Police. Required to Remove

Guest amazingace

Guest amazingace

I figured this would be the best place to ask all you experts out there. I appreciate any advice.

I was pulled over today in Minnesota (50% add windows) and I am at 35%. I bought the car from a used dealer in 98. I've never had a problem until now. I have to have all tint removed in 2 weeks.

My car doesn't have that much life in it (2-3 years) and I really want to keep my tint. I know I could have it stripped and retinted at 50% but I don't think it will be worth it for this car. What do you recommend? Would it be possible to just not fix it and pay the fine and hope I don't get pulled over again (don't worry, I won't hold anyone liable).

Thanks again

Tim

Guest metint

No ticket until now... :rollin be grateful and do as your told.

Who was the one that started America off on "I want it my way"? :kiss

Keep it legal and keep us in business or employed! :lol

Guest Blade

Change it or you risk getting more fines. Here every time you get a ticket for tint without changing it, it doubles. $101 for your first.....$202 for your second.....and so on and so on and so on.

Guest thetintshop

if you don't think the car is worth investing the money into, then I would just have it removed, or remove it yourself.

if the same cop sees you with it still on there, it won't be a pleasant experience.

if you don't think the car is worth investing the money into, then I would just have it removed, or remove it yourself.

if the same cop sees you with it still on there, it won't be a pleasant experience.

:rollin But try and keep it legal. No sense is disobeying the law because "its what you want to do" There are laws for a reason even though we may totally disagree with them. :kiss

If its a hooptie, with only a couple of years left, :rollin strip it yourself with help from this site and have a shop tint it with some low priced film for a reasonable cost which most likley will be less than a illegal tint second offense ticket!

Guest skeeter

You say you "have to have it off in 2 weeks?" Is that the honor system or do you have to provide proof or is it just on your record and will show up if pulled for any reason?

You had a good run of 6 years. If you plan on keeping it another 3 take it to a shop and go legal with their entry level film. Chances are your film needs replacing by now anyhow. A fresh 50 will look great compared to your 6 year old 35 average dyed or hybrid and sometimes even full metallized film.

Archived