A sign of things 2 come

Guest metint

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

I have done some toyota camery's with the matrix in the center part of the windshield that was between the glass..and some are not.. :lol6

Guest Wellington P Funk

Yeah, Jeep has switched to this as well. It's funny, my '02 Liberty has the typical blue "tint strip" across the top, just like I've seen on everything for the past 30 years. Same with my grandpa Smokey's '03 Grand Cherokee. My mom's '04 Grand Cherokee has the damn black paint/fade to dot-matrix crap. The part that really annoys me is that, while the dot matrix only extends about an inch below the headliner for the most part, in the center they bring the black paint down ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP EDGE OF THE REAR VIEW. Very annoying for me (6'2") as I usually find myself looking over the top of the RVM a lot in traffic. Can't do that in mom's Jeep!

What's the point of dot matrix anyway? Does it do something to strengthen the glass, or keep it in one piece when shattered? If it doesn't, I see no reason in it.

-Bob

Did a new grand Marquis today. Had that matrix crap om the windshield, but it was on the inside. Did a camry yesterday but it was inbetween the glass.

I don't get it, must depend on who produces the glass

Guest S and S

Strips dont bother me at all. They are easy to do ( in my opinion) because I do them on 90% of my vehicles and it only takes 10 minutes and I charge $15 for it, so easy fast money to me!

Archived