Bad AM radio reception

Guest Custom Effects

Guest Custom Effects

I Just had a customer return this morning worried about his AM reception on his radio. he said ever since I put the film on his late 90's BMW 7 series that AM radio has gone to sh^t. Is there any tricks that I can do to help him out? short of taking the film off his car. I put Sun Gard Desert series film on his car.

Any help would be great :dunno

Thanks

Brett

If I remember correct the desert series is a hybrid film. Just spent an hour or more talking to SG rep about their films. There are several different deserts though. Smoke, charcoal, and one other I think.

Git ta peeling buddy. Looks like it's dyed film for you.

Anyone know 100%?

Guest Custom Effects

That is one thing I want to avoid, is using a dyed film. It's a nice car, and I really don't want my name tied in with "purple tint". I'm hoping for more suggestions.

thank to everyone so far!

Guest metint

Break the connection the film has created between the defroster and antenna.

Leave the film in place and carefully cut a seam above and along the top defrost line. This will separate the film into that which is apllied on top the antenna and that which is atop the defrost.

Or use a non-metal, non-conductive ceramic film to replace the existing film. :thumb

That is one thing I want to avoid, is using a dyed film. It's a nice car, and I really don't want my name tied in with "purple tint". I'm hoping for more suggestions.

thank to everyone so far!

There ARE non-metal films out there that hold up just fine. Metal film can turn purple too. Most everyone now claims a color-stable dyed film. Not many have been around long enough to really know. Even Sungard claims color-stability on their dyed film now. Alot of high end cars and customers have AM listeners, better come up with a plan of attack if you want to tint these type vehicles/cusomers. Metal film starts out the same as dyed, a layer of metal doesn't change the dyes, it'll fade same as the dyed film that it's based on, maybe a touch slower. Just my opinion based on observation.

Guest xltint

I had that happen to me .. my buddy knows all that stereo crap and took the wire leading to the antenna and ground it to the frame it worked fine... not saying it will on that car though

Archived