Please Help!!

Guest Seanwins23

Guest Seanwins23

My drivers side window on my 2004 RSX has been a nightmare. After getting it tinted with Lumaar Platinum Plus the first time it started squeaking and then pulled right out of the track. I had it fixed and went back to where I had it tinted and they tinted it again. It immediately started to peel up from the bottom before I got home so I turned around and went back and they tinted it again. The tint shop said that the rubber seal at the bottom of my window was dirty and was keeping the tint from adhering to the window. The tint shop pushed that rubber seal down inside the window so it wouldn't interfere with the tint.

I waited a little over a week before I rolled it down this time and when I rolled the window down and back up everything was fine. Unfortunately the next time I rolled it down that rubber seal was jammed up against the window and peeled up the edge of the tint.

So what do I do?? Any advice for the tint shop??? They say it is something wrong with my window that is causing the tint not to take. I don't believe it but I am willing to admit I'm wrong. I dont want to have the window tinted a fifth time.

Please Help!! :beer

Guest Blade

If you had brought it to me I would have pulled the panel. No seal problems that way. As far as the window coming out of the track.......not the tinters problem. We don't do anything that would cause that. Just a horrible coincidence for the tint shop.

There's no reason to think something's wrong with the window that will cause the tint not to adhere.

Guest metint

Use some film cleaner/polish or a product called 'Plexus' (www.plexusplasticcleaner.com) on the surface of the film and it will help keep the glass gliding smoothly. :lol

I had one window on my Jeep Liberty do this after the last tinting it went through (didn't do it up until then and it has been tinted half dozen times or more in the last 2 years). Polished it with Plexus and :beer:nope more problem.

It's great for paint protection film, too. :lol

Guest Wellington P Funk
I had one window on my Jeep Liberty do this after the last tinting it went through (didn't do it up until then and it has been tinted half dozen times or more in the last 2 years).

Um, pardon my asking, but as a fellow KJ (Jeep Liberty) owner I gotta know why in the world you needed to tint your windows 6 TIMES?!?!

Do you have the factory deep-tint in the back? I've been considering match-tinting the front windows on my '02 to complete the tinted look, but legality in PA has forced me to all but drop this idea. Oh well. . . .

-Bob

Guest tintgod
I had one window on my Jeep Liberty do this after the last tinting it went through (didn't do it up until then and it has been tinted half dozen times or more in the last 2 years).

Um, pardon my asking, but as a fellow KJ (Jeep Liberty) owner I gotta know why in the world you needed to tint your windows 6 TIMES?!?!

Do you have the factory deep-tint in the back? I've been considering match-tinting the front windows on my '02 to complete the tinted look, but legality in PA has forced me to all but drop this idea. Oh well. . . .

-Bob

metint works for a film company..and they use his car a test vehical..for the new film they make... :lol6:rollin

Guest Olfablade

Acuras have a Biplane style rubber moulding. The top one you can see, but 1/2" below it is another. A common mistake is when tucking the top portion, they end up pushing the lower down as well. I'm guilty of this long ago, but learned to roll it down and double check the lower. An extra step no doubt, and you better be confident of your drying out the bottom with a hair dryer before attempting. It has saved me countless red faces and apologies. :rollin

Guest metint
Do you have the factory deep-tint in the back?? I've been considering match-tinting the front windows on my '02 to complete the tinted look,

-Bob

No factory dark glass... ordered it without! :rollin I am a window tinter for crumbs sake... shoot me :spit if I ever buy colored glass. :spit:spit

Man hit the nail on the head... Jeep's a rolling real world test for window film and paint protection film. I even have PPF on the roof.

Windows are always kept within legal limits... I am not a fan of dark tint. 35 % is as dark as it should be in my book. :lol6

And just in case someone might catch it... the front doors are 50% film! :spit

Archived