Tail Light Tinting

Guest Wellington P Funk

yeah that seems like an impossibilty unless you want bubbles later due to plastic gases. :hmmm

Plastic gases, some sealed units are sealed with a gas instead to eliminate moisture, and the humidity alone where you are can be trapped inside and give you fits. I used to run into cracked lenses all the time and even using a heat gun, air conditioned room, and silicone, they never seemed right again.

If it was your instrument cluster or something, I'd say jump on it. But going from hot to cold, sealed in the elements, I would just try to find some to fit your liking.

Another thought, I have seen these melt many times. Even in under a month. Poor design. But regardless of cheap or good ones, if you take them apart, bye bye warranty.

Good luck either way :hmmm

Guest Wellington P Funk

Well, it's looking like a no-go on this "genious" idea I had. Big surprise right? Thanks for not flaming me on this one guys, not to mention for the advice.

So it's looking like Plan B. . . NO TAILLIGHTS! WOOOOOOT!!

-Bob

Guest fimmo

here are the euro lights as you call it on my mr2! here we call them lexus lights!

instead of going for the clear crystal look like the ones in your pic above I also had the choice of matt black or black chrome (I went for the black chrome ones!)

instead of having all the mirror surrounding the lights mine are blacked out then given a special chrome coating almost making it bronze! looks darker and not as in your face as the normal clear ones!

also,before anyone says anything, the indicator (amber) bulbs have now been exchanged for silver ones that flash amber,so now when you look at my tail lights you dont see the amber bulb,it blends in!

Guest Wellington P Funk

Fimmo, those tail's are sweet looking! Definitely better than the cheap-ass chrome & red ones, a lot classier looking. They have "carbon fiber" ones for my Jeep on eBay, but they don't look nearly as good as yours; looks like they laid carbon-fiber "wallpaper" over the chrome parts!

And my compliments on your Mr. Two! Being a Jeep owner, it's not quite my speed (or should I say too speedy for me!), but I can definitely appreciate the amount of work that's been put into that wicked ride! I'm especially diggin' that ram-air intake crawling up the rear pillar!

I didn't know there was a big import scene in Scotland, is it a popular thing to mod cars out there? Or are you the only one?

-Bob

Guest fimmo

you'd be surprised at the modding scene here in scotland! 30 minute drive to my right and I have crail raceway the best quarter mile dragstrip in scotland and 30 minutes to my left I have knockhill race circuit where they race bikes,touring cars etc!

car modifying in the uk is massive! scotland is very busy on this scene!

Guest S and S
You don't want to break the seal on the lenses anyway. Once you do, they're through. You'll have moisture problems from then on.

Been there Done that!!! Spray Tintied!! if you can find it any more.. I have some some guy gave me a long time ago.. played around with it.. on Plastic. It's hard to get it even :spit

Archived