cutting rear quarters

Guest sdtintin

Guest naughtydog

Let him take you to court...he's gonna have to have an expert witness testify against you - and that means another tinter - not some tool from the local BMW garage. :thumb

We all learn lessons the hard way, I have cut rubbers before and I must admit, when I first started doing it, I took away more rubber than I left behind :thumb

Guy sounds like a right tosser...the cars a bag of @#$%. Go with it and see what happens.

Lesson learned - keep the fuckers out of your work area and explain to them that you have to cut. Maybe offer 2 prices, one for cutting rubber and second price for removing quarter glass and panel. I bet the tight -ass would choose the cheaper one.

Balls to em!! :hmmm

Naughty

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Wiz

From now on no one waits or watches me tint, had a customer who wanted a sunday but waited while I tinted his car, and the thing was I had never done one before it was a 5 door Renault Megane 04 and the 1/4 light on the rear door had to be trimmed even when it had a dot matrix :uh so I told him and he was not sure so I said will do one side by not cutting and see what he thinks, and sure he said don`t like that so he said cut them :uh

Guest naughtydog

Got a 96 BMW 3 series (E36) 4 door tomorrow. The guy seems OK, will trim it and let it go. I think I'll tell him whats involved or maybe not:uh

If I tell him he will look at it - and if I make a balls of it might want to :uh me

:uh

ND

I've just recently got rid of an annoying bmw mini owner who accused me of damaging his door card! it seems to run with the bmw owners!!!!

I'd let his solicitor take you to court,see how far it goes!

on the other hand,bite the bullet,offer to replace the gaskets and call it quits! there is no way,that replacement gaskets are going to cost ?700 and I take it you only trimmed the gasket surrounding the quarter panel window? if it's a seperate gasket it'll be even cheaper, if it's the type of bmw gasket that goes all around the door and windows in that door then yes it'll be slightly dearer but you only need a gasket for either back door!

there is no way in hell that two full door gaskets from bmw are going to cost anywhere near ?700,especially for an old model!

I'd replace the gaskets and be done with him and hope that he'll need a repair in the future and then you could just refuse to do the work!

Guest sdtintin

the dumb ass is saying that I trimmed every gasket in the car including the rear screen :lol got a meeting with my solicitor monday so il see what he says

I originaly didnt trim the rubber and left a small gap but he wasnt happy with that so I explained to him id have to trim he said ok so I did n then all this :DD personaly I rekon we got a dam good case as it took them 3 weeks to notice the so called damage and he inspected the car before he payed me (whilst trying for a cheaper price) on the day it was tinted and he left my shop happy

it makes me wonder sometimes how these peoples minds work :lol

Guest Al-tint

Go to court.

If you did it once not cut and he did not like the result, then explained that you will cut it to do a proper job and he said yes - - whats the problem?

Unless you hacked the :lol out of it - let him deal with it.

my2cents.

Archived