Customers DO keep long records.

Had a great old customer come in with a back glass only wear and tear exposure problem installed on the 21st Feb 1996. :hmmm. 8.5 years ago!

Autolux 35%.....the film visually was perfect including glue (other than very ordinary fade evident) except back then the splicing on the rear has made the SR coating peel back on the 2 lines by about 1/4" along the complete length of the join. Like a flappy bit of tint. That's why it had to be redone.

I fixed it no charge but where else do customers get warranties like this we have to acknowledge because the manufacturer provides it? You ask me why this industry has fallen off the rails? Above is the part of the reason. 3-5 years should be max.

The customer still had all the documentation and he is not a lone sample!

Devil

Guest Blade

Funny this comes up. A gal came in yesterday to set up an appt. for me to redo her rear window on her blazer. She didn't have it for me to look at but says something's wrong. :thumb Says she has the original invoice saying lifetime warranty..........from 1994. :thumb WTF??????

All I can say is, hopefully when I do see it, it's something not covered under warranty.

Guest High Octane Tinting

I give a 5 year warranty on everything and lifetime on film only, not installation. Hasnt slowed my work down at all, everyone else in this area does pretty much the same thing.

We have too many peole incompetent locally enough to sell their quality from the beginning that they all say lifetime warranty on everything. I agree with the others on a 5 yr warranty film and labor. Beyond that, you should have had it replaced with the new stuff anyway. Quit being cheap. It's probably not gonna match anyway. Any thankfully color change is not in these warranties or we would be in even more of a world of :thumb . Having to redo an entire car along with one bad window.

I on the other hand try to explain to the customers that in the event of an odd film failure short-term, you should NOT need the warranty because this business is old enough and has come far enough, that the manufactuers know what they are doing. I don't know about everyone else, but I get paid warranty or retail. I just HATE doing something twice.

:thumb

I give a 5 year warranty on everything and lifetime on film only, not installation. Hasnt slowed my work down at all, everyone else in this area does pretty much the same thing.

HOT,

That's what's happening here too. Lifetime doesn't necessarily mean some installs are a free redo from other shops. I mean why stop the bs here? Carry it along for the whole ride.

Anyway now I have to fight the distributor for compensation and that's like extracting teeth even with paperwork and original owner status.

One of the latest ploys is to give the bad film for free twice and that means (according to the distributor) a tinter would then be able to charge a non-related new customer for a rear install at FOC material cost and make the money for labour compensation back that way. :lol

Blade.....let us know what the story was!

Devil

Pro,

I keep a lot of tint odds and ends...a bit like an Australian Bower Bird that forever collects things to pretty up his nest for the new darling in his life. :thumb

But that film was rooted in colour. Faded from a 35 to a 70. The only thing I could do was fit up some old Granite :lol The bod was chuffed all the same because he got something for nothing so he really wasn't in a position to whinge even if he wanted to. (he didn't.)

Our distributor I think still has some AL but NS was a very close match all the same originally when films were new.

Devil

Archived