You STOLE my keys

Guest Rockabilly

Guest Rockabilly

I could not believe it. It was like a series of Jerky Boys phone calls.

We do some work for a local Lexus dealer, mainly new cars. Got a call from them, a customer with a 94 LS400 has the passenger front tint peeling, wants to have it fixed. No problemo, I'll wear that one for my friends at Lexus.

The guy turns up, we drive the car straight into the shop, he waits in the wating room. Strip and retint, 30 or 40 minutes (it was a lazy day, no hurry).

Good as gold, customer leaves and we go back to whatever we were doing.

I get a call 30 minutes later.

Lexus dude: "I think I might have dropped my house keys at your shop".

Me: "Ok, I'll check for them....<couple of minutes searching>...nope, nothing here".

Half an hour passes. Phone rings again.

Lexus dude: "Please look again, I MUST have left the keys there. There is NO other explanation"

Me: "Ok, I'll look AGAIN". Ask staff if they saw some keys. "Nope, still nothing".

Another half hour. Another call.

Disgruntled Lexus Dude: "I have come to this conclusion. One of your staff has gone through my console in the car and has taken my keys"

Me: "Er, I DONT think so, sir"

Lexus dude: "Ask your staff if they have the keys"

Me: "I did. We dont have them."

Lexus 'I watch too much Law and Order SVU' Dude: "The evidence is clear, although circumstantial. My personal details were in the car as well, so who ever took my keys now also knows where I live. I am going to have to get the locks changed. I am calling the police if you cannot produce the keys now"

Me: "Bring it on. We have nothing to hide. But when you find your keys, I'll be expecting a BIG apology."

Night falls. I go home fuming that this jerk accused us of stealing his keys out of his pi$$y jap limo (which is worth less than a good wrist watch), and checking his address so we can go round and do unspeakable things to him, his toothbrush, and his goldfish...like we have nothing better to do. Paranoia, anyone?

This morning, I get a phone call from a mobile (cell) phone. Its a bad reception, so I cant hear properly...its the Lexus dude, sounding sheepish.

I think he said he found the keys, but to make sure, I send him a TXT message on the mobile.

"Bad reception, I did not hear what you said. Did you dind the keys, or are the cops on their way to interrogate us?"

Lexus Dude's reply: "Keys have been found. Sorry for the drama. Regards <name>".

Man, I am STILL fuming about this guy. Really got under my skin. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now.

Guest tintslut
do unspeakable things to him, his toothbrush, and his goldfish...like we have nothing better to do. Paranoia, anyone?

thanks for sharing, love it when an azzz is proven wrong :thumb

now back to the story, I know what happens when you leave your camera and toothbrush in your hotel room, you get your pics developed and lo and behold, theres a candid shot of the maid with the toothbrush hanging outta her azzzzz :lol6

Refresh my memory on the goldfish part , PLEEEEAASE :lol

Guest Rockabilly

Some guy at a party I was at once (a million years ago, in my salad days) poured a couple of cans of beer into a goldfish bowl. No, it was not HIS goldfish, or his house. It was a cruel stunt. The fish, obviously, did not make it.

Guest Rockabilly

Yes, I was very restrained while talking to the customer.

But by the time I got home last night, and had the 30 minute drive home to stew over it, I was ready to call Lexus and tell them to jam their business if they are going to send customers like that to me again.

But, I did call Lexus this morning (before the "apology" from the key guy) and tell them what happened so far, and they were pretty understanding about it all. I suppose they get jerks like this EVERY day. So, we remain in bed together. No need to burn that bridge.

In that respect, I'm lucky. One dill every couple of months makes the rest of the customers seem pretty cool bananas.

now back to the story, I know what happens when you leave your camera and toothbrush in your hotel room, you get your pics developed and lo and behold, theres a candid shot of the maid with the toothbrush hanging outta her azzzzz :sign

I have GOT to try something like that. I love it. :shock:sign

I ask the s.o.b to come over and apologise to your staff in person. Fair dinkum you should! What a @%&$()+% low life piece of @#$%.

Hey Rocky, I always have a theory which is never far wrong.

Do something for nothing or cheaper than you normally would in this film game and it will come back quicker than a boomerang to bite you on the arse. Right again trying to be Mr. Niceguy. Dealers grrrr. :sign

Devil

Guest Rockabilly

A good friend of mine (a wise old fella who has retired to Utah! now) told me a truism that still lives with me today (actually, he had a MILLION little sayings that have stuck with me, but only this one is valid here...)

"No good deed will go unpunished." - FC, circa 1997.

When will I ever learn?

Yep, I considered the whole "Come down here you goose, and apologise to me and my staff IN PERSON", but why push it. *I* know he was wrong. HE knows he was wrong. We won here. A Good Winner is much better than an "in yo' face dude" Bad Winner. Its the win, not the apology, that keeps me grinnin.

Archived