dead dog--2 years in jail

Guest thetintshop

You haven't seen anything yet, soon people will be jailed for killing snails :thumb

New slug for snail cruelty

July 12, 2004

Page Tools

? ? * Email to a friend

? ? * Printer format

? ? *

? ? *

London: Slugs and snails will be offered the same protection against mistreatment as cats and dogs under a proposed new law that has been condemned by gardeners as absurd.

Legislation to be announced by the Government this week will give courts the power to impose fines of up to ?20,000 ($51,000) and 12 months in jail on people found guilty.

Anyone under the age of 16 will be banned from owning a pet, and goldfish will no longer be allowed to be given as prizes at fairgrounds.

The legislation could mean gardeners are fined for killing insects, worms, caterpillars, slugs and snails, if scientific evidence proves they have suffered pain and distress. Horticulturalists said the plan was excessive; they rejected the idea that they could be guilty of cruelty.

John Cushnie, a regular panellist on BBC Radio's Gardeners' Question Time, said some aspects of the legislation were nonsensical. "To give worms and slugs protection under the law is ludicrous. If I have an infestation of slugs or snails or cabbage white butterflies, then I will get rid of them in whatever way I choose.

Advertisement Advertisement

"If I want to boil them alive, stamp on them or treat them to a slow drawn-out death by poison, then I will."

Under the new law

unborn animals will receive the same protection.

RSPCA inspectors would gain the right to enter without a warrant any lorry, ferry, plane or hovercraft carrying animals.

The crackdown, which follows pressure from the RSPCA and organisations such as the Kennel Club, has been criticised for not going far enough.

I don't buy it...the no prizes at fairgrounds sounds fishy to me

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so fugging sick of people replying to my posts with "I don't buy it".

What the fug do you think I come up with these things on my own and post them?

Oh yeah, I don't buy it. TD must have come up with that in a drunken hallucination.

:thumb

Guest BCCwintint

I believe it, TD. Doesn't surprise me a bit. Especially when you consider that here in Oregon thousands of loggers lost their jobs to save a few spotted owls, and right now farmers down in So. Oregon may lose their livelihoods to save a few salmon. Some may disagree with me, but I think this is crazy. Government doesn't seem to give a damn about the losses they cause people. Seems they want to make you poor and then be your savior. They want to raise friggin' taxes on businesses and individuals and then businesses don't want to come here. No, I believe you, TD. 100%. What I'm not buying is the government's BS.

Those in control in the government are serving a hidden agenda. The UN has published it's edict that the earth is over populated by 4 5th's and their mission is to K1ll as many people as possible.

Do some research about the UN and it's population control agenda, if you get far enough into the rabbit hole, you will be astounded. Then 2+2 hits and you see your own politicians helping it along.

They 'inoculate' us with cancer virus contaminated and sterilizing agent vaccines, to just scratch the surface, but OH if you call them out on anything, even as seemingly innocuous as an ani,mal rights issue, "OH hell no, I don't buy it".

Guest thetintshop
Those in control in the government are serving a hidden agenda. The UN has published it's edict that the earth is over populated by 4 5th's and their mission is to K1ll as many people as possible.

Do some research about the UN and it's population control agenda, if you get far enough into the rabbit hole, you will be astounded. Then 2+2 hits and you see your own politicians helping it along.

They 'inoculate' us with cancer virus contaminated and sterilizing agent vaccines, to just scratch the surface, but OH if you call them out on anything, even as seemingly innocuous as an ani,mal rights issue, "OH hell no, I don't buy it".

I don't buy it. :evileye

I was just being honest TD, no need to get upset. I'll believe what I think is true and won't believe what I think is false. Yes, I do watch fox news and yes I do believe most of it but there are still some things that I don't believe that they report. and I already know what you and many others will say "another blindly driven by the government controlled media", well if thats true then I don't care. I like the way my life is. I don't want to go from day to day wondering what MY government is doing to fuk up my life. As for some of these articles from infowars and that, I believe that if half of the stuff that that guy is saying is true he would have been dead years ago, not to say that he is entirely wrong, I just don't buy most of the stuff he talks/writes about. nobody I know here in iowa believes any of this stuff, maybe it's just the other part of the country, maybe it's just my hickish blood, or maybe I'm just naive but I just can't grasp this guys theories. so if you feel necessary flame away, I can take it but I am still going to believe what I think is true.

Guest SQUEEGEE
oh good god. :lol

I've been waiting for the day that flyswatters and bug zappers are banned. :lol

I've been waiting for the day that flyswatters and bug zappers are banned. :lol

That's cruel TTS. What the hell then are all the people in Miss-sippi and Lou-ziana gonna do fer entertainment if that happens? :lol

redneckdump.JPG

Archived