dust removal

Guest deception

Guest deception

hi there I was wondering if any1 has any tips for getting rid of dust from the air...I always wet the floor and make sure I am not in a draft....could any1 recomend any tools or tips as no matter how hard I try I still get little spex of dust under the film...yet I have seen other tinted windows without any specks of dust

please help

Guest thetintshop
hi there I was wondering if any1 has any tips for getting rid of dust from the air...I always wet the floor and make sure I am not in a draft....could any1 recomend any tools or tips as no matter how hard I try I still get little spex of dust under the film...yet I have seen other tinted windows without any specks of dust

please help

that's probably because you were looking at those other windows outside. if your shop is lit like mine is, you can see every single speck in it. but when you pull it outside, about half of them "disappear". I have never seen a "perfect" tint job. (close, but not totally perfect)

another good measure is how old the car is. the newer it is, the less dirt contamination problems you will have.

also, look at the specks, are sure they're dirt? if it's a ford, it's more than likely the felt from the channels.

also, what kind of sprayer are you using? if it's a pump sprayer, the cylinder starts wearing and will emit tiny particles of plastic in your water. making it look like dirt specks.

another thing is the use of the vehicle. if it's one that sees a dirt road every single day, you will have dust problems 100% guaranteed, no matter how old the car is.

do you have fans running in your bay? if so, turn them off. the more still it is, the better chance you'll have of a clean install.

wet the floors before each job.

NEVER sweep your shop out, wash it out. sweeping sends dust in the air and lands on everything.

clean your shop bay--EVERY SINGLE DAY. (or more)

there's a reason why alot of tinters bays look "empty". the more stuff you have lying around, the more stuff you have to clean.

don't wear new clothes to work in. (ever see how much lint is in your dryer when you wash new clothes?)

put lotion on your skin on a daily basis. you shed skin like crazy, using lotion on your entire body everyday helps keep this to a minimum. (plus your girlfriend, or boyfriend :gaybooga , will love the way your skin is soft as a babies butt) :lol6

don't use hair gel. some hair gels flake off when they're dried. use a wax stick or hairspray, or wear a cap. (a clean cap) or just shave your freakin head.

check your water that you're using. you may need to buy bottled water to use on your installs.

clean your water bottles every time you refill them.

don't use cheap paper towels. buy the expensive ones that are lint free or use the scotts blue shop towels. they work pretty good.

spray the car off before you pull it in the bay if it's really dusty. if it's just plain filthy, ask the people to bring it back when it's clean. (I've done this, and they usually don't return, so be your own judge)

this is about all you can do to keep the dust to a minimum on your end. if you do all these things, the rest of the dust specks that show up will be from the filthy azz car itself. and there's not much you can do to help that.

Guest metint

If you use a pressure sprayer with a hose, put an inline gas filter between bottle and trigger...

Air handling unit (ac/heat)? Filter at intake and output...

Never, never, absolutely never where sweaters when installing film...

Rinse your fingers before handling film and rub them together while rinsing...

Learn to carry the peeled film without touching adhesive or learn to carry with fingertips, not fingerpalms...

Seal and Enamel the floor, if it is concrete...

Cover sheepskin type seatcovers with bedsheets...

Improve your targeting skills to minimize pattern movement after it hits the glass...

Be cautious of your head/hair rubbing headliners when entering a vehicle...

Lightly mist cloth seats with application solution prior to sitting or kneeling on them...

Always squeegee off your glass board (workstation) before or after each pattern is placed upon it...

Tape off all felt window gaskets or wipe down all rubber window gaskets (TTS said something about felt)...

Lightly mist the liner's surface prior to its removal from a film pattern... this helps neuatralize any static created as the liner is peeled from the adhesive...

Rinse all your tools regularly...

Whew! And I have seen one perfect tint job in Platinum Plus film... Pro-Tint Kannapolis. NC.

Good thread guys. I wear a light mist of hairspray on my short hair. I don't shed, and it attracts gnats sometimes in the heat, but sweating and rubbing your head causes hairs to pop out at the worst times.

Guest metint

Still more...

Find a bug zapper that will work on gnats... and other critters. :evileye

Minimize the time between peeling the liner and placing the film onto the glass...

Do not walk forward with your peeled pattern, step backwards, this way you are not using your peeled film as a catch net for airborne contaminants...

Cut a white teflon into a triangle, wrap it with a microfiber cloth, jam it between glass and frame and wipe those crevices (window glass channels) clean...

Wipe off the top ledge of the roll down glass...

Archived