7 year old film

Guest thetintshop

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop
On top of that, it also is not a very optically clear film. The adhesive is very grainy imho.

:evileye not the car in that picture. it may look that way on your computer screen, but it wasn't grainy at all.

as far as faded, not much that I could tell. I had quantum on my car for 7 years before I removed it and it had barely faded at all. the only place you could even tell was where the defroster lines ran across it.

now you guys know me, I'm as 9anti-SG as they come. but the fact is this, if you use a good film, the customers will come back 7 years down the road. that was my point.

I totally agree Steve, about the customer thing, I was just giving you grief about the film, 'cause I know damn well it has faded. I pulled tons of that crap off, it fades almost totally clear. You can't tell if you are the owner because the fade is so gradual, but you and I know dam well, if you pull that film, you will be able to see the original shade where it wasn't exposed.

Tell me I'm lieing. :evileye

Guest Litespeeds

TTS,

I am sure the one that you did held up nicely. I am talking about Quantum in general. I have noticed that most of their current films are kind of distorted and that is why I don't use them. They also do not take well to heat shrinking and will leave ghosting marks if over heated.

As for fading, I believe everything fades under the sun. It is just a matter if you can see it or not. :rock:evileye

Guest tintgod
OK, I know damn well that film has faded, it's barely 50% now.

Did you roll the window down to see the original shade compared to how it faded?

Don't bullshit a bullshitter. Quantum turns clear, PERIOD.

:evileye

I was thinking the same thing..it looks faded to me..and not that reflective.. :rock

Archived