Ultrastart 2-way transmitter

Guest tobes

Guest tobes

The 2-way transmitter on my ultrastart keeps quitting on me. It will work intermitenly, but it will just tell me that it cannot find the receiver unit (happens almost every day). The 1-way transmitter will keep working throughout this problem. I have gotten the 2-way transmitter replaced and the problem percists. Any ideas? Do I need to get the brain in the car replaced?

Thanks for the help

the brain or the antenna? Sometimes the antenna gets pinched and works and sometimes it does not, but Im guessin also

I would have to lean with toodark on the antenna problem. I have never heard of Ultra. But with other units, they keep in touch with each other. If the antenna/brain gets a problem, it could still receive fine, but not transmit the signal back to the remote. Thus causing the "receiver not found" problem. This would explain 2-way not working, 1-way working. I have seen this on a couple other cheap lines. When they first came out. It was poor engineering. Trying to be the first to get something out. Worked great in the lab, barely worked in the real world.

Good luck. Try checking antenna wire thoroughly, then replace entire unit with a better model. :lol

I have used Ultra for years now and found a bad antenna or two. the unit worked but programing and some other features did not work with the bad antenna. hope that helps :eyebrows

I've seen it a time or two also, but haven't put in a 2 way unit from ultrastart yet... in fact, I was thinking of installing one on my car... maybe I'll wait a while :poop

Archived