OK!! I have started my own company!

Guest Almo

Well, the only thing that I can quote accurately are the warranties and the testing...

When installed by us we offer an additional glass breakage warranty. As well as a LIMITED LIFE TIME WARRANTY on the the films.

Warrants its product to be free from defects, including change of color, peeling, bubbling, rippling, cracking, adhesive failure, delaminating, and demetallization for the life of the building or structure.

Standards Conforming to:

ANSI-Z97:Meets Federal Standard. When properly applied, upgrades plate stronger than tempered or laminated glass.

ANSI-Z97-1.75 :Meets the Federal Standard for making glass shatter resistant.

ANSI-Z97.1-1984:Meets the Federal Standard for the Shot Bag Impact Test and Intensified Weathering Test.

ASTM:E-84-84a Rated Class A by NFPA for Flammability.

Toxicology:OSHA and regulatory compliance.

GSS does not support combustion and reacts similarly to wired glass in fires in that it provides protection 10 to 13 times longer than glass without film.

Meets the extremely tough Consumer Products Safety Committee (CPSC) Standard CFR Part 1201, Category I and II (Safety Standard for Architectural Glazing)

The Department of Energy (DOE)

Florida Power & Light Energy Management Program, Southern Building Code

Sorry, but that is the best I can do... no hook line and sinker BS bud :dunno:lol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint

Well Almo... I am all for those who venture out on their own, however, it troubles me when I see misinformation used with any product. I have recently attempted to extract some truths from a known film supplier on this board to no avail. The industry as a whole has asked them to verify their claims and they still to this day remain silent.

A claim of increasing glass strength is bogus and leads me to believe you may have found your way into a film supplier that may not be forthcoming with statements of product performance. I have consulted a structural engineer on this 400% claim and he concurs; it is not a valid statement.

Safety film does not change the structural integrity of glass, it only retains fragments in the event the glass were to break and depending upon how well it is installed it can only strengthen the 'glazing system', not the glass.

I certainly will be happy to pass on the posted website to those who would be interested in the claims made (namely IWFA, who ensures all statements made by industry members have validity to them). It would also be interesting to know who the source of the statement is. This I am sure would not be so easy to state, eh?

Good luck with whatever endeavor you embark upon...

Safety film does not change the structural integrity of glass, it only retains fragments in the event the glass were to break and depending upon how well it is installed it can only strengthen the 'glazing system', not the glass.

You are right

Guest TintPoser
A claim of increasing glass strength is bogus and leads me to believe you may have found your way into a film supplier that may not be forthcoming with statements of product performance. I have consulted a structural engineer on this 400% claim and he concurs; it is not a valid statement.

:evileye

Your statement makes me believe that you are simply inferring that I am a liar and unable to verify the claims that are written.

The only thing that I can do is to pass on the web site of the company and to let you know as well that I have personally tested many types of security film with varying glues and the system I am using literally holds the glass together MUCH much better than any other. The company claims that their bonding agent literally bonds on a molecular scale to the glass thus strengthening it. Their site is

GSS so please go there and check it out.

As well, I am interested in only one thing, and that is assisting in protecting people and property for the best cost solution available.

Thanks to all of you that have emailed me directly and have offered encouragement and advise that I will use to the utmost. I already have some very, very high profile customers within my federal government and other governments local to me. I have also just today closed a deal that is for over 3000 square feet and there is no end in site.

Thanks buds... you are great!!

PS, Keep the advise coming.. both good and critical :evileye:spit

Almo

Guest metint

Almo...

Never was saying you're a liar... I did note to you that you may have hooked up with a company that made dubious claims, though.

Thanks for the follow up info... I am sure it will receive the utmost scrutiny and indepth investigation. Yes... there are lives at stake and that is the basis for caution in word usage.

CDF adhesive in residential film bonds to the glass on a molecular level, too, but it is pitiful in performance in comparison to standard safety film adhesives and still does not change the structural integrity of the glass.

Neither does GSS's (implied interlayer) product, which may in fact void any warranty provide by a film manufacturer. I would hope GSS in financially sound enough to pick up the tab in the event there were any warranty claims.

The 'strengthens by 400%' claim is still bogus no matter who has been a client.

Good luck to you... Meanwhile, please pardon my skepticism... the whole concept still comes across as...

Great Call Glass Protect!

If any of my customers ask about it, I let them know that this is NOT a typical result of an application. It is only for demonstrational purposes. All my customers realize the boundaries of the applications, and are aware of what can and can't be done with regular window glass.

I am careful to not give them false hope, but simply a way to slow the person down that is trying to break in to their place. As I always say, the idea of the security film is to attempt to keep the projectile on the outside, not the inside.

Thanks for your comments though, it is refreshing to have neither negative, or positive.

keep the faith.

Almo :gasp

Archived