SHAVING THE GLASS

Guest FloridaTintChic

Guest Eclipse

Here is a picture of the files I use. The metal file I use to make the first cut. Then I follow up with the nail file. You will notice the black tape at the top of the handle. This is to prevent you from nicking the film with the metal edge. :notwrthy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FloridaTintChic

THANK YOU SO MUCH im on my way to home depot.I couldnt get on yesterday or today until now. I t said td was no longer something ,thanks

Guest Blade
I tried shavin' my ballz once but it didn't work out so well. To put it mildly: I'm half the man I used to be.

Sharp knifie no work on ballz - no work on tint.

Wise man once say.

:beer

I don't shave anything. :beer

BTY there are no pieces of glass being removed, the glass is harder than a file causing no damage to the glass just removing the edge of the tint. :rollin

I could end up being wrong, but here goes.

Isn't the file harder then the glass? Technically you are filing away minute amounts of glass. The reason for the glass not being harmed would be that you are filing on a previously ground edge anyway. Being careful you will not likely chip the glass unless there was an imperfection before you got you hands on it. But I think you actually are "smoothing" the glass if anything.

Archived