Getting my car tinted

Guest Hadoken

Guest Hadoken

Well the thread has evolved...from which tint, to discussion about tinting this kind of car, to where to get it tinted :lol

Yep, Auto Trim Design quoted me $210 (I was mistaken when I said $225) and Protint quoted me $150. A place with a 1 year warranty quoted me $180, but he also tried selling me illegal tint over the phone...

Metint, thats what I was waiting to hear.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you still care to see PP.

this car has PP35 on all sides.

IMHO PP tends to pick up the color of the car, this car is green, so the tint looks pretty green. I don't say PP looks mirrored, I say it looks like "expensive glass." because the customers think it looks like glass you'd see on a Lexus SUV.

the other side... when the sun hits it, it reflects, when it's not in sun, you can see right through.... kinda cool if you ask me.

I would not like to be the installer putting it on an RX-7, though. it's a tough film to shrink.

Guest thetintshop

I had an 83 rx7 when I was in high school. the first time I tinted it, it looked like crap. and so did the second, and third times. by the 5th time, I had it looking decent. (decent for those days anyway)

by the 6th time I tinted it, I had it looking sweet. I've tinted so many of those cars, they easy now. but they're still a pain in the neck to tint. lots of hardware to remove.

if the guy has less than 10 years experience, $10 says he's never done one. and he's in for a rude awakening doing it for $149.99. :notwrthy

Guest Hadoken

Platinum Plus actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, but everyday I'm starting to just like the classic dark tint more.

Archived