Back window breakage - Isuzu Rodeo's '96-'99

Guest FloridaTintChic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FloridaTintChic

when I said tell the dealer to prove it,he brought the 2 papers over to me with a bill.I told him in 13 yrs I have never had this problem and that I was sorry I know it was not our fault and he told me to prove it.would you please tell me,exactly what you would say to the customer? now that he brought me these papers? thanks so much!

Guest FloridaTintChic

he story,he came in another car to @#$% about it breaking.My tinter just told me,so we never even had a chance to see the window,he got a new window at the dealers,and im suppose to believe a dealer? spare me

Guest metint

The burden of proof is on him... has he proof the defroster of "that" vehicle your firm tinted, not the one's spoke of in the paper he handed you, was damaged according to the points covered in the paper?

He cannot... the evidence is in shattered pieces... Nickel sulfide and window film don't mix... window film increases glass temp and can easily push an already growing inclusion to the break point (pun intended).

If the defroster is not operating correctly, say loose connector and window film lays on the glass still moist from installation the day before, the defrost is turned on, change in resistance from a poor connection mixed with moist film layer... :inot :lol POP goes the window.

I have fielded calls from consumers over the course of eight years and this has been reported only twice. One in SE PA lady going to work the day after tint was applied, used her defrost to remove the dew... POP goes the window... she drove a Caravan.

Another guy tells of his going POP driving down the 5 freeway in LA. Don't remember the make of car, but it wasn't an Isuzu and he was doing the same... using his defrost to dry the morning dew on the way to work.

Don't know how to best direct you on this...

Other than... he must prove the vehicle in question didn't already have a short in the defrost.

Guest FloridaTintChic

he said the dealer told him,we cut a defroster line and that cvaused it tp break and that the proof was the 2 sheets he brought me.I willnow read all these notes,im printing them lol and I will have a wammy answer by the time I talk to him.thanks :lol

What Metint said.

I would print up te info about the inclusion

Also, from what I could tell, the notice was for the couple of years. If that was true just for those years, why not all years, all makes, all styles, etc?

I wouldn't pay for it. You never got a chance to see the glass. Inspect the break pattern. See if there was an actual cut on the glass.

Archived