Question from a new guy..

Guest Steeve

Guest Steeve

I am happy to find this site. I hope to find lots of great info. My first question is a bit stupid but do you find a big differece brand to brand for ease of installation? I know there is a big difference as far as how long tints last, etc. A new local rep says his products are easier to install. I wonder what you guys think. Thanks!

Guest yogi2187

I find that films are different cuz some shrink better than others some are harder than others try em all till you find one you like you will deffinatly see the difference :beer

Guest Litespeeds

Just ask for some sample rolls to try out so you can compare and see what works for you. Some films have liners that make it very easy to shrink and others are a pain in the rear. Some films are very thick and some are very thin. Good luck.

Guest Steeve

I have tried quite a few and I know we cannot discuss pricing in detail but around here Suntek Madico and LLumar are the more expensive brands, all about the same price. Sunguard and Solarguard are less and Moonraker Johnson are the cheapest. I did some research and most people say to go with what you like and the best service. It's not as hot and sunny here so I am glad to see how the products work in places like Texas and Florida. I don't want to have to deal with purple bubbled tint in 2 3 years. Price is not a big issue for me at this point.

Guest metint
It's not as hot and sunny here so I am glad to see how the products work in places like Texas and Florida.? I don't want to have to deal with purple bubbled tint in 2 3 years.? Price is not a big issue for me at this point.

Sounds like you should go with huper or vkool if price isn't the issue... new kids on the block... user friendly a 6-7 on a scale of 10. Mostly from the increased effort needed to remove moisture from beneath the film during install and its limitations in heat forming capability.

A good value film would be LLuLLu's ATR CH (LLumastar)... the work horse of their auto film line up... and very user friendly 8-9 on a scale of 10. I'd give it a 10 out of 10, but they roll the film on different from other makers and the jury's still out on the color-stable claim, so nix 1-2 point. Nobody's perfect!

If you want to stand out with a familiar name then 3M would be your best bet... it's a household name... as for user friendly, I'd give it a 5-6 on a scale of 10. Difficult to heat form and has a detactifier that needs washing away from the adhesive.

Suntek's another new kid on the block... up and coming... 7-8 on a scale of 10... a little leery of life expectancy... although very user friendly. Solar Gard would fit here, too only because on inconsistencies in adhesive clarity. Otherwise, add a point.

I'd rate Madico between huper and suntek on the scale of 10.

My 2 cents...

Guest Sprinter

sungards new color stable film NIGHTHAWK shriniks easy and sticks to the dots no whiteness at all and no touch ups if prep correctly. scale is a 9 all around, shrinks easier than desert smoke.

Guest metint
they were mentioned right before solorgard, as the less expensive brands. aw see it now.

Skim reading always comes back and bites me... :lol

Archived