getting AC in my shop...

Guest tintgod

Guest tintgod

does anyone know of a tarp or screen of any sort that I could put in front of my garage doors to keep in the cool air when I have to raise it to pull cars in and out???..something that wont scratch the cars when driving through it...or is that a bad idea...I just dont want ot damage any paint on the cars...and with all the sand we have down here in jax fl....that is one problem I have...thanks for any replies... :lol

Guest Litespeeds

I have seen some shops that put up some semi-clear plastic but it is on like shower rods or something that they can slide open before they drive the car in and then slide close. I guess you will have to live with the minute or two of humidity and heat that those curtains are open. At least you have AC in your work area. I am thinking about adding it to mine as well but haven't decided yet.

I say a bad idea..you won't lose much when opening your door ...it recoups quick.

Not to mention the little you'll lose in electricity will not outweigh the amount you'll lose when some fussy customer comes back to you blaming his fine scratches on his black paintjob of his new car on your plastic door. JMO

You'll enjoy the central air TG ..got mine about 5 yrs ago...makes me wonder how I ever made it through heatwaves without it :lol

Guest Tint Masters
I say a bad idea..you won't lose much when opening your door ...it recoups quick.

Not to mention the little you'll lose in electricity will not outweigh the amount you'll lose when some fussy customer comes back to you blaming his fine scratches on his black paintjob of his new car on your plastic door. JMO

You'll enjoy the central air TG ..got mine about 5 yrs ago...makes me wonder how I ever made it through heatwaves without it? :thumb

Thats what I do! I am thinking about an electric garage door opener :bingo:lol

TG I use a piece of 4 mil plastic cut to length on doors when raised and use heavy duty velcro to simply pull off or hang up and you get nature light through the door ...great for winter time ..One employee pulls it to the side and out the car goes :thumb Also works great if you run a rod around the work area and velcro the plastic to the rod..kinda like maddogs set up for keeping out dust and air condition in :bingo

Guest FloridaTintChic

MD

can u post a pic? I have 2 double doors,I have to open and then close .but if theres another car to do they stay open until he pulls the next car in.Then I have to wait a bit for the shop to cool down again.

Archived