defroster joint lifting

Guest made in the shade

Guest made in the shade

ok,ive been tinting a long time,but sometimes advice from others is beneficiary.here is the deal....I want to know what glue you would suggest I use to stick a very small piece of tint that has lifted on a 2 piece back window.the guy is like mr clean with this car,and rubs the hell out of every window he cleans...(although I guess thats better than the slobs that never clean them at all).the spot is like half an inch long,and 16 th inch deep,and I wanna nip it in the bud now!the job is less than a year old,and cars an 03 honda(honda customers are very 4|\|4L retentive),no offense to honda guys out there!

First I would strip the old tint off. Then I would learn to tint in one piece so as to not have this problem again with him or any other customer that is 4|\|4L retentive and likes their car clean. Then I would retint it in the new-founded one piece method. Both of you should be happy with no future problems. As for a glue to fix, I wouldn't try it and I don't know of any either.

After he's gone, go meet a vette, BMW or Ferrari owner and compare the two. no competition.

Good luck :bingo

Guest L.L.Tint
I want to know what glue you would suggest I use to stick a very small piece of tint that has lifted on a 2 piece back window.

you should have done the back window in one piece to begin with :bingo and you wouldn't have the problem.

Guest fimmo

use clear nail varnish, it'll stick it down,it'll stay clear, problem solved! next time try to do it in one piece but if your more comfortable doing it in two pieces then do it that way!

just because some one has 12 years exp. dosent mean they have to do one piece rear windows!!! as long as he/she does a good job it shouldnt matter how he/she does it!

if they are more comfortable doing it that way then thats fine with me and should be fine with you lot!

by all means, flame the guys that come on here and ask what tint they should get after theyve been refused 5% all round etc. but when someone asks a simple question then give them a simple answer.

rant over. you have my 2 cents worth for today!

just because some one has 12 years exp. dosent mean they have to do one piece rear windows!!! as long as he/she does a good job it shouldnt matter how he/she does it!

if they are more comfortable doing it that way then thats fine with me and should be fine with you lot!

Good on ya Fimmo for stating the bleeding obvious. :thumb

Devil

Guest metint
ok,ive been tinting a long time,but sometimes advice from others is beneficiary.here is the deal....I want to know what glue you would suggest I use to stick a very small piece of tint that has lifted on a 2 piece back window.the guy is like mr clean with this car,and rubs the hell out of every window he cleans...(although I guess thats better than the slobs that never clean them at all).the spot is like half an inch long,and 16 th inch deep,and I wanna nip it in the bud now!the job is less than a year old,and cars an 03 honda(honda customers are very 4|\|4L retentive),no offense to honda guys out there!

OOPS! :thumb

Archived