illinois tinting laws

Guest icelyte

Guest icelyte

Hi, everyone!! I like so totally new to this, I followed a website for the tint that I just bought and I really dont completely understand what its tryin to tell me. I want to tint the whole complete windows of my Firebird T/A, but I get the feeling that legally im not able to do this.......can anyone help me , in plain english how much of a window I can tint. Ive have 2 rolls of blazin red from Gila, that I would like on my black TA. Any and all help is much appreciated. :dunno

Guest Blade
Ive have 2 rolls of blazin red from Gila, that I would like on my black TA.

My 1st suggestion would be to get rid of that stuff and buy some good film. I'm pretty sure that red is illegal in any state anyway.

Guest icelyte

ive not added anything yet....according to the chart there is no certain color that isnt allowed...... but the way its lookin I cant tint any whole windows at all. so ill just stencil out some lettering. :dunno

Guest icelyte
:lol by the way what would you recommend as a good film...this gila stuff is about only one in town that I know of...maybe ill look around again. what it mean 6" in the front window ?? is that 6" from the top on down....and that\s alll you can tint up there? :dunno thanks all for the input. :lol

Guest BCCwintint
ive not added anything yet....according to the chart there is no certain color that isnt allowed...... but the way its lookin I cant tint any whole windows at all. so ill just stencil out some lettering. :lol6

I know red is illegal in my state. Follow Blade's advice-get rid of that stuff and get some good film. And if I may add this little tidbit-

If you're only planning to tint this one car, I think you should consider taking it to a pro. You'll get a top quality install with top quality film, and you'll save yourself hours of frustration :lol6 and pulling your hair out. :lol6

Guest mlody
ive not added anything yet....according to the chart there is no certain color that isnt allowed...... but the way its lookin I cant tint any whole windows at all. so ill just stencil out some lettering.  :lol

I know red is !llegal in my state. Follow Blade's advice-get rid of that stuff and get some good film. And if I may add this little tidbit-

If you're only planning to tint this one car, I think you should consider taking it to a pro. You'll get a top quality install with top quality film, and you'll save yourself hours of frustration :DD and pulling your hair out. :DD

[*]177759

hey, if you want really good tint, get 3M, I put that on my audi... it looks nice.. 2% limo on the back and the front.. nice.. but red.. only if its a tuner car..

Archived